The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PAW -- Picture A Week -- Have fun!

pegelli

Slightly sobering.

One of the many tableaux with names of missing WW1 soldiers on the Menin gate in Ieper (Belgium)

Sony A700 + 18-250

pegelli

Something well known to some of us

Amsterdam by night

Sony A6000 + OM Zuiko 24/2.8 + Metabones Speedbooster

routlaw

I've been AOL for quite a period, but just noticed this interesting concept for a thread. The non centric gear concept is a good one, thanks for starting. Below is my first contribution. Olympus OMD with 12-40 2.8 Pro lens.

Somewhere in the southwest, a completely unmolested rock art panel.

View attachment 118385

pegelli

I've been on a 5 day photo workshop in Tuscany

This is one of the > 1000 pics I took

Sony A6000 + OM Zuiko 85/2

pegelli

What! No pic for almost two weeks? I can't go on vacation and leave you guys here all by yourself :p

The Gotthard pass

KonicaMinolta 5D + Tamron 28-200

Annna T

Ha! Did you take the train through the new tunnel ? The one that is seven km longer than the "tunnel sous la Manche" ? The TV is full of it since one week.. It isn't so far from me.

What! No pic for almost two weeks? I can't go on vacation and leave you guys here all by yourself :p

The Gotthard pass

KonicaMinolta 5D + Tamron 28-200

Godfrey

Impossible I-1
Impossible 600 Yellow Duotone
Manual exposure: Macro distance, f/8 @ 1/2 second

enjoy!
G

pegelli

Ha! Did you take the train through the new tunnel ? The one that is seven km longer than the "tunnel sous la Manche" ? The TV is full of it since one week.. It isn't so far from me.
Well, certainly not the time of the picture, which was 2007. Also this year on our way to Tuscany we passed there but again took the road tunnel. Maybe I'll consider taking the "old" route by train, which can still be done on few remembrance trips. Not that the new tunnel is not impressive, but I think the view from the windows is not very exiting ;)

pegelli

Another oldie (2008), but this time ~5 min by bicycle from where I live

Konica Minolta 5D + Helios 35/2.8 (M42)

Annna T

Well, certainly not the time of the picture, which was 2007. Also this year on our way to Tuscany we passed there but again took the road tunnel. Maybe I'll consider taking the "old" route by train, which can still be done on few remembrance trips. Not that the new tunnel is not impressive, but I think the view from the windows is not very exiting ;)
I asked because you posted that picture just after the week-end of the inaugural events. And I remember reading somewhere that you were a fan of railways. There were special trains for about 160'000 travelers and all booked. But the tunnel won't be in regular use until next December, when the time tables are changed for all Switzerland : they need to do more tests and then have to change all the time tables because the time of transfer is seriously shortened.

The travel will be much shorter, but as you wrote, there will be less spectacular mountainscapes to see.