The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PAW -- Picture A Week -- Have fun!

pegelli

Hong Kong is nice for evening shooting.
Lots of light and lots to see

"Skin Food"

KonicaMinolta 5D + Tamron 17-50/2.8

pegelli

From a test shoot wide open with the Sony 300/2.8 SSM in 2007 (on my old and trusty KonicaMinolta 5D).
Great lens, but a little heavy to lug around all the time (so I didn't buy it)

Found the files on my hard drive and decided to PP this one for the first time and show it here. Kinda fun to revisit shots taken more then 8 years ago :cool:

jim251

Wheelchair Racer

He appeared on the bike path from out of the blue, was in range for all of 10 seconds and (amazingly) noticed the camera for one frame. Then he was gone, never to be seen again...

Shot with a Canon but who cares - IMO absolute IQ is very secondary on an image like this.

pegelli

My weekly contribution. Wave breaker with a statue at the end (which fully floods at high tide). This is in Knokke, very close to the Zwin.

Sony A850 + Minolta 100/2.8 macro D

Godfrey

We've had enough rain recently that Spring is exploding onto the scene with a green bang!

Leica SL + Summicron-R 90mm f/2
ISO 400 @ f/9.5 @ 1/640

Enjoy!
G

jim251

Washington Dulles

No Photoshop here, no image stacking or other tricks.

I just walked up to the railing and there it was, no people! - and what I would call an "OMG moment."

darr

I took a group of students to this church last week to demonstrate wedding ceremony photography. As a token of appreciation, the church received prints (and JPGs) of inside and outside architectural shots which is why this image was made. The D750 the school provides me for teaching purposes was recently recalled, and the only dslr I own is the SD1M which is definitely not a low light camera. I would have used my MFD gear, but because the students shoot dslr, I had no choice. Overall I think the SD1M did a great job since everyone involved has been pleased with the results. The center window was brought back in from a -2 stop exposure made specifically for it and everything else is from one exposure. A custom white balance was made at time of shooting with an Expo Disc. There was a bit of purple spilling out from the stained-glass windows which is part of the atmosphere of the sanctuary that time of day.

I used a plug-in for Lightroom called LR/Mogrify 2 with this JPG. It placed the white border around the image and created the text from the EXIF and IPTC info I selected. I think I can post more images now since I was able to customize a LR export plug-in called WP/LR Sync for my Wordpress image depository that works with LR/Mogrify, and these two plug-ins will save me time and keep me organized. :)

Sorry for the plugs, but I am a teacher and I enjoy sharing helpful stuff!

Kind regards,
Darr

Last edited:

Godfrey

While walking in the park yesterday morning ...

Leica SL + Elmar-R 180mm f/4 + 2x Extender-R

Click to view video on YouTube.

enjoy!

G

pegelli

Some weathered wood used to shut a window opening of an abandoned house.
I was really surprized nobody gave this gnome face eyes yet :)

Sony A6000 + Olympus OM 24/2.8 + Metabones Speedbooster

jim251

Some weathered wood used to shut a window opening of an abandoned house.
I was really surprized nobody gave this gnome face eyes yet :)
PG - Good job noticing and then capturing the "one-eyed, cone-headed wood-gnome." Very nice as is but also might be an interesting candidate for some of those artistic filters we all say we don't use or like...