The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PAW -- Picture A Week -- Have fun!

darr

I hope someone appreciates abstracts. I have been working on an abstract project since Jan/Feb, but work has kept me so busy that I have not been able to contribute a lot to it. My summer break from teaching started a few days ago, and now I have returned to the project. My props are glass and my light source is studio strobe.

Abstraction

I hope someone appreciates abstracts. I have been working on an abstract project since Jan/Feb, but work has kept me so busy that I have not been able to contribute a lot to it. My summer break from teaching started a few days ago, and now I have returned to the project. My props are glass and my light source is studio strobe.

I love your work. I think we're doing the same subjects pretty much the same way

pegelli

Great abstract darr, nice play of lines and shapes

Something quite different (and far from abstract)

A night flowerstand in the Hongqiao district of Shanghai

Sony A700 + Min 24/2.8

Godfrey

Lovely photo, Darlene.

I love abstract work of all kinds; my own is different from yours. The diversity is one part of what makes it wonderful.

G

pegelli

The "Maasvlakte", an artificial part of land created south of the Rotterdam Harbour inlet to build large container terminals and heavy industry

Sony NEX6 + E10-18/4

Annna T

That kind of long and low horizon line is quite impressive for someone living in the mountains like me. In some places here you have to lay down on your back and look up if you want to see a bit if sky ;)

The "Maasvlakte", an artificial part of land created south of the Rotterdam Harbour inlet to build large container terminals and heavy industry

Godfrey

"Okay, we've arrived. Hey, isn't it time for a selfie?..."

Leica M-D + Summilux 35mm v2
ISO 320 @ f/4 @ 1/500

Happy Fourth Of July!

enjoy!
G

Annna T

An intriguing picture Annna, so many competing shapes and colours, but still very well put together.
Thank you Pieter. I should have added some explanations : the stained glass is the ultimate artwork of a sculptor and painter named Gottfried Honegger. He gifted it to the community where he spent his last years and chose the place himself. He died at 98 years old, just a few months before the artwork was installed.

The building in the left is a public hall. A rather minimalist concrete building. There is a church on the right that you don't see. In front you look down toward the Rhône valley.

That same day, I also visited a small exhibition of Gottfried Honegger works nearby and really liked it. I took some pictures of the ones I liked best and the can be seen on my Flickr account. I just took them to remember what I liked, but the lighting didn't come out good. But if you are curious about this artist you can check it here : https://www.flickr.com/gp/rrr_hhh/Rjz90Z
This is an album about sculptures and the 10 last pictures or so are about Honegger.

Or better Google his name in google images : he was famous and exhibited in many EU and US capitals including at Le Centre Pompidou"

darr

Just bought this used X-E2 and will be shipping it off for an IR conversion. Here is a test snap from my walk around the yard. I love the shadows my fence projects late in the afternoon. Summer in the Florida Panhandle has been very hot. Too hot for me to travel to a favorite small Georgia town where I enjoy walking around while testing cameras and lenses. This image was processed in Lightroom and then brought into Photoshop so a textured layer could be applied to help give it some color. Hope everyone is well and enjoying their summer.

Kind regards,
Darr

pegelli

@ Annna T, thanks for the pictures and story of Honegger. Nice work, some of it reminds me of Piet Mondriaan but his round shapes are quite different from that. I think the glass statue outside is very nice and well placed in the environment.

@darr, nice and simple, lovely!

Something entirely different from me, the ruins of Dvigrad in Croatia

NEX6 + E10-18/4