The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PAW -- Picture A Week -- Have fun!

Knorp

sunny spell at amsterdam museum square ...

SIGMA A 135/1.8 @f2.8 ISO100 1/1000s

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
There are some security concerns where I am now, so I'm restricted to shooting through the front window of a moving SUV. At least it keeps me and the camera dry :)

GX8 with Pana 35-100mm f/2.8 @ 64mm and f/2.8

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Let's also put a dog in here (to complement the cat, not to chase it ;) )

Sony A6000 + E18-105/4 PZ
This pic makes me want to kick that particular dog owner's a$$ across that snow field... Just sayin...

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Lunch in Zamboanga, one of the most beautiful cities in The Philippines, but also one of the most dangerous. It's a more than 400 year old story of unrest and violence, starting with the arrival of the Spaniards. The local language sounds like a Spanish dialect, which is more or less what it is. The old architecture is Spanish too, and most of the population look like they arrived from the Iberian Peninsula, which many of their forefathers did... 400 years ago. Before the Spaniards arrived, the city was Muslim. There's been unrest ever since the two groups met.

The flat island in the background is Little Santa Cruz, with some of the most beautiful beaches anywhere. The corals have coloured the sand pink. In spite of a population of nearly 900,000 in Zamboanga and a great potential for tourism, those beaches are empty. The volcanic island behind is Basilan, an important bastion of Abu Sayyaf, the Jihadist group famous for kidnapping and beheading westerners. They have boats, fast ones. I don't go to the beach when I'm in Zamboanga.

I'm sad to leave the place and sad to arrive. Sad not to be able to interact with people from all sides. Unfortunately, that is not possible, and there's no solution i sight, only violence and extremism. And meddling from other nations, which doesn't help either.

GX8 with Pana 35-100mm f/2.8 @ 38mm and f/2.8

pegelli

This pic makes me want to kick that particular dog owner's a$$ across that snow field... Just sayin...
Well Jack, this just tells how a photo can paint the wrong picture.
It actually was a well kept dog with a good owner, through the overhead line the dog had an enormous radius to move around the yard without getting tangled in it and it prevented him running into the street and getting hit by a car. ... Just sayin .....

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Well Jack, this just tells how a photo can paint the wrong picture.
It actually was a well kept dog with a good owner, through the overhead line the dog had an enormous radius to move around the yard without getting tangled in it and it prevented him running into the street and getting hit by a car. ... Just sayin .....
Does the dog have access to a warm, dry place to sleep whilst on that tether? The short length of the tether suggests not...

pegelli

Does the dog have access to a warm, dry place to sleep whilst on that tether? The short length of the tether suggests not...
Yup, the tether is attached to a long overhead steel cable giving the dog access to several dry/warm places. However since it's a Husky/Sheppard mix with a husky type coat it prefers to lie in the snow (during the day) and only goes into the doghouse during the night.

pegelli

De Grotemolen in Zoeterwoude (Netherlands)

A6000 + Metabones speedbooster + OM Zuiko 100/2.8, Lightroom stitch of 9 handheld shots (3 rows of 3 landscape shots)