The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PAW -- Picture A Week -- Have fun!

pegelli

How the week started for me, caught in a snowdrift at a deserted container terminal

A7 + SMC Takumar 55/2, stitch of 3 vertical handheld shots

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Shooting an entire race day, 6-7 hours, with one camera and one prime at one aperture actually works fine... most of the time. At least I didn't have to spend time wondering what gear and settings to choose :)

D610 with 300mm f/4 AF @ f/5.6

Knorp

Shooting an entire race day, 6-7 hours, with one camera and one prime at one aperture actually works fine... most of the time. At least I didn't have to spend time wondering what gear and settings to choose :)

D610 with 300mm f/4 AF @ f/5.6

Although I agree you're not getting distracted by your gear, but for 6-7 hours I'd say your limiting yourself too much. Of course it all depends what you're trying to achieve.
I'm saying this because I feel at some point the limitation and frustration are creeping in when shooting the Oly 300/4 all day.
Really the PL 100-400/4-5.6 was not so bad in that regard ... :rolleyes:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Although I agree you're not getting distracted by your gear, but for 6-7 hours I'd say your limiting yourself too much. Of course it all depends what you're trying to achieve.
I'm saying this because I feel at some point the limitation and frustration are creeping in when shooting the Oly 300/4 all day.
Really the PL 100-400/4-5.6 was not so bad in that regard ... :rolleyes:
It wasn't intentional. The AF of the 80-200 stopped working.

pegelli

I wish all of you a splendid holiday season and a great start in the new year!

Sony A7 + MD Rokkor 50/2

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I've said it before: It's the only camera I need. Where's the GM6, Panasonic?

GM5 with Pana 35-100mm f/4-5.6 @ 38mm and f/5.3

pegelli

Happy New Year everybody, hoping for lots more brand agnostic pictures here in this thread :)

Spanish rooftops

KonicaMinolta 5D + Tamron 28-200 XR

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Children's day have been celebrated here for two days, no less. Friday was the day for celebration and performances at school. With children at two schools, more than 100 kilometres appart, it became a busy day.

Here's my star performer :)

GM5 with Pana 35-100mm f/4-5.6 @ 100mm and f/5.6, cropped

The somewhat older children, 4th and 5th graders:

GM5 with Pana 35-100mm f/4-5.6 @ 100mm and f/5.6, cropped

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
So the sixth child was born with Down Syndrome, and the family had to sell the fishing boat that was their only source of income to cover the initial medical costs. The father moved to the city to work as a carpenter, but still money was lacking, so there was not enough for transportation to school for number three, a 14 year old girl. I asked what the cost was for transportation, and they said 40 dollars per month. Easy choice.

GM5 with Pana 35-100mm f/2.8 @ 42mm and f/2.8

What was the problem with that camera again? Too noisy at ISO 12,800? It's a tough life, isn't it?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
GM5 with Pana 7-14mm f/4 @ 7mm and f/4

This is almost a selfie. The shirt to the right in the photo is mine. With the left hand, I hold the camera to take the photo. Her left eye is distorted due to the very wide angle, managed to fix it slightly in PS (warp), but there are limits. The GM5 and the tiny super WA zoom is a great pair though.