The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PAW -- Picture A Week -- Have fun!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
There's something otherworldly about North Vietnam. The nationalistic communist spirit is still very much present, although it's being deluted by consumerism, corruption and money interests these days. These fishermen are at the losing end. Their beach is a popular tourist destination, and property developers are queueing up to throw them out. Parts of the beach has already been destroyed by luxury homes and boring resorts.

GM5 with Pana 25mm f/1.7 @ f/5.6

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I made an Excel sheet last night, with a list of all the camera gear I own, the items I could remember there and then, with low, sometimes very low, value estimates. I summed it up too. Scary stuff... very, very scary :wtf:

If photography were the purpose, I should dump all of it onto the market and keep the 9 year old plastic fantastic GH1 and the equally plastic fantastic Panasonic 25mm f/1.7. That was pretty much how I worked 15 years ago, before digital, with an OM-1 and a 50mm f/1.8.

GH1 with Pana 25mm f/1.7 @ f/2, cropped and converted in PS

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
My second GM5 arrived today, bought lightly used from a fellow member. I'm downsizing my kit considerably, and selling most of my zoom lenses. My standard 2 x GM5 kit will consist of 7.5mm/2.0, 12mm/2.0, 25mm/1.7, 30mm/2.8 Macro, 42.5mm/1.7 and 75mm/1.8. The 7.5, 30 and 42.5mm are still on the shopping list. The weight of the whole kit, 2 bodies, 5 batteries and 6 lenses, will be somewhere around 1.5 kg.

GM5 with OM Zuiko 50mm f/2 Macro @ f/4

Godfrey

I'm always impressed when I buy new furniture from IKEA at how compact, rational, and utilitarian the Swedish style is ...

Leica M-D typ 262 + Tri-Elmar-M 16-18-21mm f/4 ASPH
ISO 400 @ f/11 @ 1 sec @ 16mm

:D

enjoy!
G

Knorp

My first impression was you had bought an antique table in need of a little tlc ... :facesmack:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Just What is it about Modern Life that can make it Seem so Utterly Compelling?

(No 6 in an occasional series).