The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PAW -- Picture A Week -- Have fun!

Darin Marcus

At the Monacan Living History Exhibit, Natural Bridge, Virginia:

Nikon 1 J5, 1 Nikkor VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 @ 116mm (313mm equiv.), 1/400, f/5, ISO 160

Darin Marcus

The Reading Girl, by Pietro Magni, at the National Gallery of Art, Washington DC:

Nikon D700, AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G, 1/160, f/3, ISO 1600

For a few years I had a problem photographing this sculpture.
There is electric light coming from the right/top, and natural light coming from the left, through a window right next to the sculpture.
Fixing the white balance required a lot of work.
Then I figured it out: visit the museum in the middle of winter, when it get dark outside before the museum closes - I only had to deal with one type of light...

Godfrey

I made this photo back in 2013... have been reviewing some older work and finding a lot that I never finished rendering. Work and health at that time was really compromising my energy!

Olympus E-PL1 & Skink Pinhole f/71 Zone Plate
ISO 1600 @ f/71 @ 1/6

enjoy,
G

pegelli

These boots are made for walking ....

but now they are left behind, wet and sandy :(

Sony A7 + Tamron 200/3.5 (Adaptel 2 + MD adapter)