The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PAW -- Picture A Week -- Have fun!

Godfrey

I've had the Polaroid SX-70 cameras out a good bit lately and realized I hadn't done a selfie with one in a while. This particular camera is the MiNT SLR670a ... essentially a refurbished SX-70 Alpha One with a new light sensor and meter recalibrated to use the 600 speed film instead of 100 speed. This exposure was made with the Polaroid 1.5x Telephoto Adapter lens fitted, and was at just about the bottom limit of light and hand holdability.

MiNT SLR670a (Polaroid SX-70)
Polaroid Originals 600 Color

While I did do a little bit of image processing on the capture (all on the iPad Pro, other than the framing which was done in Lightroom), it was to restore it to how the original looks to my eye. The capture was with my iPad Pro camera and went more yellow than the original appears ... I used SnapSeed on the iPad Pro to correct it.

enjoy!
G

Godfrey

At the cafe this morning, these two young women, engaged in their conversation, seemed to draw inwards all of a sudden. This moment of uncomfortable silence filled a heartbeat and seemed to last an eternity.

Leica CL + Pentax-L 43mm f/1.9 Limited
ISO 1000 @ f/2.8 @ 1/60

The cessation of their motion caught my eye—I could not help but wonder what they'd just shared. And then the light striking them glowed beautifully ... I couldn't help myself from grabbing the camera and making a single shot.

enjoy,
G

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Dinner at beach restaurant almost finished.

She: I want to swim
Me: But we didn't bring any swimwear
She: But I want to swim

Discussion over

GX8 with Pana 100-300mm II @ 127mm and f/8

pegelli

The Antwerp Tower, a former office complex, now fully stripped to be converted to luxury appartments

Sony A7 + OM Zuiko 21/3.5

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
This little island slid past my window last week.

It is Capraia Isola and is just off the North East tip of Corsica.

It looked deserted, but 400 people live there.

They make wine and fish for anchovy.

I'd like to be No. 401!!

Darin Marcus

Digging deep into my archive, back to 2012 when I owned an Olympus camera:

Red Panda at the Smithsonian Zoo in Washington DC
Olympus E-PL1, Lumix G Vario 100-300mm f/4-5.6 @ 300mm (600mm equiv.), 1/50, f/5.6, ISO 400

pegelli

^^ Sometimes old cameras aren't bad at all, fun shot Darin :thumbup:

Here's one from my first DSLR, bought in Januari 2006

Sint Antonius-Zoersel (Belgium), as shot from a low flying helicopter.

KonicaMinolta 5D + Tamron 17-50/2.8