The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PAW -- Picture A Week -- Have fun!

pegelli

Nice photo.
I also got my first DSLR in 2006 - a Nikon D40.
Thanks, I also looked at that one as well as several others (Canon Rebel, Olympus E300) but finally decided for the KM5D since my father had a KM7D so we could exchange lenses. 2 days after I bought it KonicaMinolta announced the sale to Sony which brought a watershed of cheap second hand lenses to the market, since a lot of people didn't have faith in Sony doing a good job developing new A-mount cameras. I still have the camera and sometimes even use it, AF is quite "pedestrian" but the CCD sensor can still hold it's own, even at "only" 6MP.

Here's another shot from the same helicopter ride in 2009

Kristus Koning Institute, a boarding school complex in St Job-in-'t-Goor (Belgium)

Darin Marcus

One from 2007 with my first DSLR, at the Smithsonian Zoo in Washington D.C.

Nikon D40, AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR @ 200mm (300mm equiv.)

Knorp

let's name it: ... "White Rhythm" (by robert s. erskine)

| a7r2 | voigtländer 110/2.5 |

Personally, I think it looks more like a caterpillar, but then I'm not an artist ... :rolleyes:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
In the Piazza Dante steps are taken to deter the smaller sensor image makers, but I out-gunned them with my 1 inch sharpshooter.

FelixCLC

A Peachy View

The peachy view by Felix LeClair, on Flickr

Made using my walk everywhere camera, the x100s. the original processed file made a beautiful 4' print! Doesn't look right on the screen (the shadows just lose all of their life at this low resolution + small scale)