The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Story of the Fisherman

This was a typical chilly March morning at my favorite spot. I want this two images to tell a story when put together. A sad story.
(Leica S 006 + Summarit 35mm)

Does it work? Feel free to comment!

12789678_1153423651335318_2027625085_o.jpg

pegelli

I can certainly appreciate the effort and I think you're on your way to something special, and indeed a sad mood can be felt.

On the positive side I like it that you changed the viewpoint slightly, giving some balance between the left and the right picture with the white stream of the left picture being echoed in about the same place as the bright back of the fisherman of the right picture.

On the negative side the tone of the water and sky is quite different between the two pictures. It might be a conscious decision to PP the shots like that but to me it would work better if in the left picture the sky and water were the same darker tone as in the right picture.

Pls. take my comments with a grain of salt, I'm not an expert photo critic, but these were the first thoughts that came to my mind after looking at these pictures for a little while.

Thanks for your feedback "Pegelli"
Unfortunately the tones are different due to different light condition between the two images. I may end up exaggerating the tones and contrast so that the first image is brighter and the second is darker to emphasis the sad story. Some PP work will also be tried tonight.

Thanks again for you constructive critique and your time!

Edited version below:

Havet gir Havet tar.jpg

Last edited:

pegelli

I think the second version is an improvement. The tones are not exactly the same but I find the difference less pronounced, just maybe a tad more darkness to the sky on the left. Also the little boat in the first picture is much more visible in the water, adding to the story.