The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technicolour John Hinde photos 50s-60s Ireland

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Now I'm getting curious. Did he actually use the 2 or 3-colour Technicolor process, or is the word "technicolour" used differently in British English? I didn't know that Technicolor was used for stills.

Here's another article btw., with some more background material about John Hinde. A rather fascinating story:

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...celebrates-john-hindes-postcards-2307780.html

Edit: Looking at the postcards makes me miss the days when I received postcards from my father during his many travels, dreaming of going to the exotic places he went to. Nowadays, anybody can just Google anything and find 23 million (more or less identical) photos of any place on earth, and Ryanair, the Arabs or Air Asia will take you there for a dime, so that you can go there,mingle with the other tourists and have a taste of the local pizza or burger, washed down with the local Coke.

Yeah... things really do really change for the better, don't they :loco:

Bernard

They use the term "Technicolor" as a generic adjective, which they shouldn't.
The article mentions 4x5 colour transparencies and, later, black and white separation prints (probably negatives...).
The colour separation process they would have used for printing isn't very different in concept from 3-strip Technicolor, but it's still not an accurate use of the term.