The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DPReview 20th Anniversary interview Phil Askey

camping

https://www.dpreview.com/interviews...tm_medium=marquee&utm_campaign=traffic_source

DPPreview was the legendary site where I first saw the outstanding review by Guy Mancuso of the Zeiss 21mm c/y lens. After Guy's photo samples (in an airplane cockpit) the price of the lens quadrupled (if not more). The ensuing discussion had a biblical number of entries -- in the thousands -- and introduced many readers, and myself, to the possibility of using alternative lenses. The price of quality "alt" lenses rose dramatically --- from $10-$20 to $100 +. After some misunderstandings the comments vanished into the either and our favorite site GetDPI forums emerged from the flames.

I would like the thank Guy & partners for their contribution to "alt" digital photography.

Thanks, Paul