The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Thoughtful pics of fauna...

scho

I'm not familiar with butterfly taxonomy, but I think that this is a white admiral on some Joe-Pye weed. Heavy crop from image taken with Fuji GFX 50r and Canon EF 135/2 L.

pegelli

Today this poor creature was stuck in a spider web in our garden

You could see the fear in its eyes

So I freed it from the web and in return it agreed to pose for me on the garden table

It even let me get a bit closer for a headshot

After a short while it flew away, waving with its wings to thank me again ;)

All Sony A700 + Minolta 100/2.8 macro D

pegelli

On my bicycle tour through the local forest I met this guy who is regularly cycling through the area with two parrots. He was OK to have his birds picture taken.

Hi there

OK, this is my better side

Waiting for my friend to land on the handlebar seat

The other one knows where the boss stores the nuts :grin:

One of the parrots can fly around freely and will come back when he calls him. The other one can't fly, every year he clips his own wing feathers. It's quite a sight seeing him cycle through town with his two parrots behind the handlebar.

All Sony A7ii + Porst Super Tele Auto 240/4,5 (M42)

Last edited:

pegelli

I was shooting details of a new bridge in our area yesterday and when I packed my camera away this lady was sitting on the lenshood.

I carefully placed her on the bridge siding where she sat long enough to have her picture taken

Sony A7ii + LA-EA4 + Kenko Teleplus Pro 300 1.4x + Sigma 180/3.5 telemacro

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Holding down the floor.
Untitled by Matthew Grayson, on Flickr
What drew me to this photo-op was the sense of weight from our cat. Soup is very large, at 20 pounds, so we're used to him looking heavy. But this seemed extreme. We later took him to the vet and he has diabetes. I now have the joy of giving him insulin shots twice a day, and he is NOT thrilled with it, nor with his special low-carb diet. He's still large, but at least he's perkier. And the prognosis for remission as long as he stays on his new diet is good.

--Matt