The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

michael wolf obit

pegelli

Thanks for posting Paul, a sad loss and way too young. :( I had not seen it yet.

Last year I visited one of his exhibitions in Antwerp, even more impressive when you see it printed large vs. on screen.

Godfrey

Sad to hear of Michael's passing, he was one of the greats. I ran into his work at the Robert Koch Gallery in SF some years ago and was amazed by it. I met him one time at an exhibition opening: A very nice guy to talk with, lots of ideas and very articulate. His work affected me deeply. I'm going to miss seeing new works, but he'll always be there in my memory.

He was also very nearly exactly my age. Born in '54, in the latter part of the year...

Godspeed, Michael! You will be missed.

G