The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Orphaned photos

Shashin

That, to me, is a very disturbing trend. Copyright and privacy should not simply be "orphaned" because you cannot contact the photographer. Beyond the exploitation, it is also a bit creepy.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
That, to me, is a very disturbing trend. Copyright and privacy should not simply be "orphaned" because you cannot contact the photographer. Beyond the exploitation, it is also a bit creepy.
While I tend to agree with you here, there's another important side to photography that Levi Bettwieser points out: People used to take photos that had a significance, that reflected important events in their lives. Nowadays, people take photos of whatever, preferably with themselves covering four thirds of the frame, to post on social media with no other message than "I'm here, look at me, please like".

That's a big change, not only to photography, but also to how people see themselves in society.

JoelM

While I tend to agree with you here, there's another important side to photography that Levi Bettwieser points out: People used to take photos that had a significance, that reflected important events in their lives. Nowadays, people take photos of whatever, preferably with themselves covering four thirds of the frame, to post on social media with no other message than "I'm here, look at me, please like".

That's a big change, not only to photography, but also to how people see themselves in society.
Narcissist isn't a new word, it's just more obvious.

Joel