The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Bicycles of all Types

Elderly

I'll join in, but as this photo was taken for the notice on the fence and the relationship between the tubing of the bicycle and the scaffolding,
it's not really about the bike itself ( I really don't belive in explaining my photographs :facesmack:).

Godfrey

Thanks for starting this thread!

My Specialized Fatboy Comp Carbon stands in for the lack of a cat...

Leica CL + Voigtländer 10mm f/5.6

But I have another bicycle as well ... a lovely Brompton folder:

iPhone 8 Plus + Moment 18mm wide-angle lens

enjoy!
G

Godfrey

Polaroid SLR670x by MiNT, Polaroid Originals 600 B&W
Manual exposure timed at 3.5 seconds

enjoy!
G

JoelM

Thought I would try an old lens I've had for a bit, Canon FD 20-35 f3.5L. Perhaps it's better for film than 42mp.

Joel

_DSC0295.jpg

Godfrey

I passed 5000 miles riding on the Specialized Fatboy Comp Carbon recently. So another picture of my bicycle to commemorate that, taken just a couple weeks ago while on my Saturday morning ride through San Jose downtown. I'd stopped for a rest in front of Adobe corporate offices...

Minox C + Minopan 25
HC-110 1:49 for 7 min @ 76°F

I love riding this bicycle! :D

enjoy,
G

Godfrey

Thanks Pegelli! The 26x4.00 tires are indeed huge, but they're amazingly light and roll beautifully over nearly anything! Amazing thing: the rear tire had to be replaced after a nasty little piece of tin slashed through it and the tube, making a nearly two inch long slit, but the front tire is still the original I put on when the bike arrived. And it still has a safe amount of tread! I had no idea these tires would last so long* ...! :D

BTW, I've been to the Fat Tire brewery in Boulder, CO. It's a cool place with an interesting history.

Ian, that red bike in the foreground of your shot is very interesting looking. Custom frame? I've never seen a model quite like it before.

* I'm in the process of building up a new wheelset for my bike with top notch carbon rims and Onyxx Racing hubs. Should be all up about 2-2.5 lbs lighter, and at the wheel perimeter where it matters most. I just got the tracking status that the rims are on the way; now I have to stop over to the bike shop and order the hubs and spokes. Woo hoo! :D

G

Elderly

Ian, that red bike in the foreground of your shot is very interesting looking. Custom frame? I've never seen a model quite like it before.

* I'm in the process of building up a new wheelset for my bike with top notch carbon rims and Onyxx Racing hubs. Should be all up about 2-2.5 lbs lighter, and at the wheel perimeter where it matters most. I just got the tracking status that the rims are on the way; now I have to stop over to the bike shop and order the hubs and spokes. Woo hoo! :D

G
The foreground bike (in India) almost looks home made Godfrey.

It's 46 years since I laced up my last pair of wheels and it sounds like things have moved on since then (36 double butted spokes per wheel,
Campagnolo Record hubs and state of the art at the time Mavic rims).

I still have the bike's Campione Del Mondo pump with its Campag presta end and a 'tub' repair kit ....... I wish I had the rest !