The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

People and Portraits Photos Pool

B L

Folks and friends, its time to show off what you can show. :) (4P)
Please do not forget to include technical and other helpful details like lightings used etc.
Format restriction: NO
Thanks.

Last edited:

pegelli

Thanks for starting this Bashir.

I don't do much formal portraits (other than a few workshops I did), but I'm more into environmental portraits and/or candids.
Here's one to start off from France last year, more to come

Sony A7 + FE24-70/4 CZ

Darin Marcus

I only photograph non-family people at fairs, festivals and parades :)

Here is one from the Fall Harvest Family Days at George Washington's Mount Vernon:

Nikon D810, AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G, 1/640, f/4, ISO 64

pegelli

Here's two people I met in France. They just bought two old binoculars on a flea market but the lenses were so dirty so they couldn't see anything through them. I helped them clean the optics (it was only dirty on the outer elements) and after that they worked quite well. As a return favour they agreed to pose for me with their new toys :cool:

Sony A7 + FE24-70/4 CZ

B L

Here's two people I met in France. They just bought two old binoculars on a flea market but the lenses were so dirty so they couldn't see anything through them. I helped them clean the optics (it was only dirty on the outer elements) and after that they worked quite well. As a return favour they agreed to pose for me with their new toys :cool:

Sony A7 + FE24-70/4 CZ
That was a real social work.

spijker

From a shoot with Minh-Li in Ottawa, summer 2018.

Canon 5Dmk2 with Tamron 45mm F/1.8 lens.
Lighting was done with two Godox AD200 flashes; one in a 75cm Octabox, the other in a medium stripbox.

Darin Marcus

This screams painting, I like it a lot. Maybe there is a little of disbalance on the light of the body and face, but I don't know if a little less light on the body will ruind the composition. In any case it's great.
Thank you very much!

Indeed, during post processing it reminded me of the Dutch portraits from the National Gallery of Art in Washington DC that I enjoy so much. I was inspired to crop and process the image to achive a similar look :)

This was taken at Mount Vernon during the 2019 Fall Harvest Festival, and is a portrait of ”Mrs. Washington”.
Natural light comes through a few small windows on her right. A wider shot from a different angle posted in the Fun with Nikon thread shows more context: https://www.getdpi.com/forum/index.php?threads/fun-with-nikon-images.23306/page-694#post-803935

f6cvalkyrie

a friend photographer getting his knees dirty in order to shoot mushrooms ...

Stay safe,
Rafael _1230692.jpg
Panasonic G1 modified to Full Spectrum with an 850 nm IR filter

Last edited: