The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Quarantine Pictures * Any Format *

pegelli

The government is doing a large poster campaign, even at the bus stops.

I like their attitude of "positive" messages they try to spread. Most are instructions what to do and not so much what is forbidden :lecture:

Sony A7Rii + AR Hexanon 40/1.8

PeterA

The government is doing a large poster campaign, even at the bus stops.

I like their attitude of "positive" messages they try to spread. Most are instructions what to do and not so much what is forbidden :lecture:

The virus can only get to you via surface contact transferred through 1. mucus membrane in mouth/eyes/nose or 2. aerosol in confined places - so stay inside, 3. avoid contact with surfaces outside of your home, use social distancing and wash hands properly with soap often. We are all in this together.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Here in NYC, we are told that anyone with symptoms is positive. My wife and I have had (thankfully) mild cases for the past week. Things can always turn bad, but the vast majority of cases are no worse than "feel like crap for a week". Well, we certainly qualify.

So, instead of empty playgrounds and public transportation, I give you a look at your typical COVID-19 case - me.

Fuji X-H1, 50/2 wide open, face sensing AF. Capture One v20.

Stay healthy,

Matt

Last edited:

pegelli

Stay healthy
Same to you and your wife, or should we say "get healthy"? Anyway, best wishes.

Food and liquor stores are still open here in Belgium (selling essentials). Saw this sign at the liquor store today:

A7Rii + AR Hexanon 40/1.9

Translation: "At 3 meter distance we can safely talk to each other, thank you"

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Food and liquor stores are still open here in Belgium (selling essentials).
A couple of weeks ago when all this was kicking off I read somewhere on the internet that the first thing to disappear from supermarket shelves in Belgium was Corona beer.

Then someone commented "Who says the Belgians don't have a sense of humour?":ROTFL:

pegelli

When I went to the supermarket when this all started I saw plenty of Corona and other (better) Belgian beers on the shelves. Like in many other countries the empty shelves were toilet paper, dry pasta and flower.

Apparently people were not realising yet that they would be close to locked up in the house with their kids and spouse for an extended period, so large amounts of beer and liquor would probably be needed as well to survive :ROTFL:

Elderly

If you are getting to 90%, you are doing better than I!

..... and MUCH better than me - maybe I might be able to discipline myself to stay at it,
but somehow I doubt it (unless it rains a lot meaning I can't garden, and my computer breaks down).

Here's my 17th century Italian spinet.

PeterA

Here in NYC, we are told that anyone with symptoms is positive. My wife and I have had (thankfully) mild cases for the past week. Things can always turn bad, but the vast majority of cases are no worse than "feel like crap for a week". Well, we certainly qualify.

So, instead of empty playgrounds and public transportation, I give you a look at your typical COVID-19 case - me.

Fuji X-H1, 50/2 wide open, face sensing AF. Capture One v20.

Stay healthy,

Matt
Hang in there Matt - keep us posted.
Pete

Shashin

Our local supermarket is completely out of ice cream (but not frozen pizza) That could explain why it is out of toilet paper, too.

Shashin

Matt
Glad you are well. The problem is that it might have been COVID-19 or some other type of infection--can't tell unless you are tested. Given that the NYC/NJ area account for half of the known cases in the US, I would still be careful. Right now it is pollen season in KC and I can't distinguish between hay fever and on-coming flu symptoms (no temperature yet).

But I am sure you will be fine in NYC, because if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere! (Well, perhaps not Italy that has the the highest death toll of any country.)

Sorry for the dark humor--I have to find something else to do than read the news...

PeterA

Thanks. Feeling better each day. I’m even noticing things like Leica trade-in deals for the S3. Sign of physical recovery and mental degeneration? :D

Matt
Judging by the 'chops' you evidenced in the piano link above - I'd say that your mental faculties are just fine - and of coursea little reward to yourself after the Covid episode is a necessary part of ful recovery regime.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Judging by the 'chops' you evidenced in the piano link above - I'd say that your mental faculties are just fine - and of coursea little reward to yourself after the Covid episode is a necessary part of ful recovery regime.
Peter,

Thank you, and I like the way you think. 😎

Matt

pegelli

From last tuesday in the local park

Warning at the entrance

These people (and the dog) seem to adhere quite well

These less, but they are probably from 1 family, so the 1,5 meter doesn't apply

All Sony A7ii + M-Elmar 90/4 (M39)

pegelli

The lone biker

A7ii + MG Trioplan 100/2.8

Normally every sunny weekend the smaller roads and dikes in Belgium are packed with large groups of cycle tourists (or cycle terrorists as they're sometimes called). Today they were few and far between, and keeping their obligatory social distance :thumbup:

pegelli

I will, but if you don't mind I'll keep 1,5 meter distance ;)

scho

Our local Children's Garden was closed today with a sign at the entrance describing curve flattening and why it is important.

Godfrey

Out for yesterday's exercise walk. Few others anywhere.

Click photo for the full gallery of eleven photos on Flickr.com

All with Leica CL + Voigtländer HyperWide 10mm f/5.6, usually at f/8.

enjoy! G