The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Quarantine Pictures * Any Format *

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Family update: My wife and I and our younger daughter are all working our way through the infection. My daughter and I lost our sense of smell, which is a better positive virus test than almost anything else. If you've never had anosmia, it's impossible to describe. Gorgonzola tastes like American cheese. Coffee smells and tastes "warm".

The good news is that (so far) we all have had mild cases. Nothing is certain, but we no longer have fevers, and the coughing is getting less frequent. Our elder daughter is so far unaffected. We're hoping she has an asymptomatic case so that she gains some immunity.

More pictures when I have something that isn't a cat :ROTFL:

Matt

Ok, a video of the "iPhone placed at the end of the keyboard" variety: here is the entire Bach/Busoni played a bit slower, but with not too many hiccups.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fggfdx6mtajh959/2020-04-02%2017.06.48.mov?dl=0

If you want to hear how it SHOULD be done, look up Horowitz's recording from 1934. The title starts "Nun freut euch..." It's on youtube...

Last edited:

dave.gt

Family update: My wife and I and our younger daughter are all working our way through the infection. My daughter and I lost our sense of smell, which is a better positive virus test than almost anything else. If you've never had anosmia, it's impossible to describe. Gorgonzola tastes like American cheese. Coffee smells and tastes "warm".

The good news is that (so far) we all have had mild cases. Nothing is certain, but we no longer have fevers, and the coughing is getting less frequent. Our elder daughter is so far unaffected. We're hoping she has an asymptomatic case so that she gains some immunity.

Matt

Ok, a video of the "iPhone placed at the end of the keyboard" variety: here is the entire Bach/Busoni played a bit slower, but with not too many hiccups.

If you want to hear how it SHOULD be done, look up Horowitz's recording from ~1930. The title starts "Nun freut euch..." It's on youtube...
Awesome! Simply awesome, Matt.:):):)

I am so impressed! It would take my breath away if I was not already having trouble breathing, from stress, not the virus.:thumbup:

pegelli

If you want to hear how it SHOULD be done, look up Horowitz's recording from 1934. The title starts "Nun freut euch..." It's on youtube...
Great playing Matt, and that while you're recovering from Corona :thumbs: Awesome!
I should get my trumpet from the attick and see if I can still produce some reasonable sound, another great idea to get through this quiet time we now have, so thanks for that as well :). But I promise not to record myself and post it here, I don't want to scare any cats :LOL:

Hope you get well soon, and the same for your wife and daughter.

Godfrey

Very good to hear you and your family are coming through it, Matt!
And that's quite the piano piece! You're way outta my league! :)

Stay well, stay optimistic, keep on going!

G

scho

Matt

Bravo Matt!:clap: Good therapy. Hope you all get well soon.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Thank you all for your good wishes!

And you're MUCH more supportive of my piano playing than my own family. My older brother, a musicologist married to a concert pianist, sent me a list of easier Bach transcriptions I might consider learning instead. :cussing: Family!

Warmest regards,

Matt

Darin Marcus

Speedy recovery for you and your family!

pegelli

Playing cards on the bunker, I think during the war they were more playing cards in the bunker ;)

Sony A7ii + OM Zuiko 100/2.8

darr

Spring At My Window

Hasselblad 501CM + 120/4 CFi + TMY2 (Pyrocat HD)

--

Hope everyone is doing okay.
I got a chuckle the other day when this picture came over my county notification app on my phone:

ONLY IN FLORIDA!! :ROTFL:

pegelli

Great Darlene, humour helps :LOL:

I think this diptich of two statues, which are just a few meters apart, show well how different generations might view the current crisis

Adults: what has the world come to?
Kids: I'm bored

Both A7Rii + AR Hexanon 40/1.8

pegelli

Another popular activity (for me) these days is trawling through my catalog and process some photo's that I haven't touched before but might deserve a second look.

Here's a Hydrangea from 2009

Sony A700 + Minolta 70-200/4 (beercan)

Stay safe and healthy all!

Shashin

From a walk around the neighborhood. Walks are more interesting with crossing the street to avoid people. You used to think people who crossed the road to avoid you were rude, now they are thoughtful...

pegelli

Last thursday I took my daily bicycle outing to the domain "Heihuysen". This is a large private estate which was expropriated by the military and then later when they decided they didn't actually need it given back to the owner incl. a lot of fences, barriers, roads, watch cabins and other infrastucture they built there in the meantime :loco:
Normally the estate is closed to the public but to relief some pressure of the existing public nature areas and allow people to spread more on their daily outings the owner opened a large part for walking and bicycling. A good deed indeed and obviously going somewhere that is normally closed is a big attraction for me :). The owner said he will close the estate again once the Corona measures are ended.

I'll post some more in other threads, but I thought these fitted best here.

1: Entrance (the owner left the military barrier in place, probably more effective to keep unwanted visitors out then a simple "no entry" sign.

2: A small gap in the dike around the electrical sub-station the military built there

(I first wanted to move my bicycle, but then decided I actually liked it there)

3: Not everything was accessible, some side roads were barricaded off

1&2: A7Rii + AR Hexanon 40/1.9
3: A7ii + MG Trioplan 100/2.8

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
... Gorgonzola tastes like American cheese.....
Oh no! I knew this was serious stuff, but that... oh horror!

We went to the sea again today. There is a string of small fishing villages just 20 minutes from our house. Nothing exotic, and rather deserted, smells mud at low tide. Good to get out for a couple of hours.

Panasonic GM5 with Panasonic 25mm f/1.7 @ f/4