The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Quarantine Pictures * Any Format *

f6cvalkyrie

Belgium is also under a quarantine regime, so photography is limited to the garden at the moment ...
But fortunately, the bear leek is starting to open right now, and after that, it will be the roses ...

CF109739c.jpg

Stay safe, stay healthy ..
Rafael

darr

Re: Chiaroscuro

Darr,

I've said it before, but it still amazes me how you erase the film/digital divide. There is no better example of "it's the photographer, not the camera, or even the medium."

Matt
Thank you Matt for your kind words.
I try to keep it simple.

Best to you and your family,
Darr

scho

OK, My last haircut was late February and I declined to let my wife cut my hair so looks like some very long hair is coming.

Fujifilm X100V

Knorp

OK, My last haircut was late February and I declined to let my wife cut my hair so looks like some very long hair is coming.
Yeah, looking in the mirror feels like I'm back in the late 70's ...
What about shaving bald ?

:watch:

pegelli

My wife is looking forward to the day she can cut my hair. I hope the hairdressers will be open before that becomes necessary :scry:

Something different:
In one of the local parks they created a "duckies walk" for children. A story of 12 pages along the path about a girl that found an orphan duckling, lost it and then found it back again (all is well that ends well :)). It's fully in corona style and has all kind of hidden tips to prevent spreading the virus (like washing hands, keeping distance from other people in the park and sending a photo to the grandparents because they can't be visited during this time). All entertaining and cleverly done.

Here's the "kick-off" close to the park entrance:

Sony A7ii + LA-EA4 + Minolta 100/2

pegelli

A few more quarantine images:

1: Resting in the park

These ladies were resting against the tree in our local park and I approached them to ask if I could take a picture of them. They were very happy I asked that because they thought I was approaching them as an official to tell them they were not allowed to sit there :LOL:. I took a few more photo's and sent them all to them by email which they appreciated.

2: Also the swings are closed

3: And so is the restaurant in our local park nearby

All A7Rii + Yashica DSB 50/1.9

darr

Impermanence

Hasselblad 501CM + 150/4 CFi + TMX (Pyrocat HD)

I hope everyone is doing well, and the weather is good for you. Living in the southern US, we can experience turbulent weather this time of year, and unfortunately we have had some lately, but very grateful the tornados have stayed north and south of us so far. I have been going through some expired film in the freezer.

This image was shot a few days ago with film that expired in 06/99. A very kind photographer friend sent me a box full of expired film, including T-Max 100, 120 format. I shot the roll at ASA 50 and developed for 15 minutes, semi-stand. This was my second attempt as the first roll was shot at box speed and developed for 30 minutes, semi stand. The first roll turned out much too contrasty and the end of the film where it was taped to the spool has internal spidering cracks. So I adjusted two variables in exposure and development, made sure my temperatures did not fluctuate too much and got better results.

I think I will be photographing clouds for a little while as they always remind me how quickly life can change.

Stay safe and keep your spirits up,
Darr

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
My wife took this photo on her daily walk. (Processed for vivid color by yours truly)

I thought it would make a good still from a bad sci-fi movie, so I processed it to that end. Some people find the color version creepier.

Matt

Shashin

My wife took this photo on her daily walk. (Processed for vivid color by yours truly)

I thought it would make a good still from a bad sci-fi movie, so I processed it to that end. Some people find the color version creepier.

Matt
You might be on to something...

Convert to LAB color space and paste the luminance channel from the black and white into the color image and then survey for "creepiness."

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
You might be on to something...

Convert to LAB color space and paste the luminance channel from the black and white into the color image and then survey for "creepiness."
I hugely boosted the BW response to green in the BW version. I always like the unreality of white grass and leaves in nonIR photos.

pegelli

Not a crime scene, but the police tape is there to prevent it becoming a crime scene. Using public benches and picknick tables is currently prohibited.

All Sony A7ii + AR Hexanon 40/1.8

Shashin

From a walk around our neighborhood yesterday afternoon. Apparently, deliveries have been a problem for some businesses close for COVID-19.

pegelli

Last saturday I participated in an "off-line photowalk"

A friend of mine who frequently organises photo walks in the area of 's-Hertogenbosch set it up. The idea was that during the morning and early afternoon people would make a walk in the area they live. Then come home, select and PP some images and upload them to a Flickr group. Then at 16:30 he set up a zoom meeting to chat a bit about the photo's, lock down and other things (and make a toast to each-other's health :toocool:). All in all a great way to keep in contact :thumbup:

Here's two typical "quarantine" images I took on the walk

Deer spotting (kids amusement)

Corona warning sign, attached to a marker indicating an underground Oxygen pipeline (Zuurstof = Oxygen)

Both A7ii + Voigtländer APO Lanthar 65/2 macro

The whole album of my photos (Flickr) can be seen here