The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Quarantine Pictures * Any Format *

darr

Since most of us are in some type of quarantine at the moment, why not share photos we can make right now. Stuff around the house, the yard, the tea kettle, etc. Oh yeah and the cat!! I'll start and hope you all join in.

X-Pro3 + XC 50-230/4.5-6.7

--

My home property is full of trees; some palm, some oak and pine, and some tungoil. Tungoil (aka Kalo Nut trees) can be poisonous if you eat the seeds inside the nuts, but their flowers are pretty to look at this time of year. They drop off in a few days so I try to catch a shot when their here.

pegelli

Great idea Darlene, making new pictures around the house, dusting off hard drives and scanning more old slides is most of what I can do photographically these days.

Here's a few from my bear hunt in the neighbourhood where I live

Hi there

Look at this nice ball I've got

Hanging in there

I'm in quarantine ;)

All Sony A7ii + OM Zuiko 85/2

People are putting these bears and other stuffed animals out so partents who are "airing" small children have something of a scavenger hunt. They take pictures of them with their phone and share them on social media, so why not here :grin:

In Belgium we're still allowed to go out on bicycle or foot as long as we keep our distance. Cars can only be used to go to work and/or shopping but other "non essential" trips are prohibited (and heavily fined if you get caught)

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
If you are getting to 90%, you are doing better than I!
My use of "always" was overly optimistic; "on rare occasions" works better. It also depends on the listener. I have a sister-in-law who is a professional pianist. Judging by her reactions, I think the needle barely budges off of zero.

:banghead:

Matt

Shashin

My use of "always" was overly optimistic; "on rare occasions" works better. It also depends on the listener. I have a sister-in-law who is a professional pianist. Judging by her reactions, I think the needle barely budges off of zero.

:banghead:

Matt
Maybe your are just choosing the wrong pieces? I find works by John Cage or Throbbing Gristle easy to master...although may not lead to different reactions. (But we artestes are never understood in our times)

Knorp

today's views ...

empty park

empty nest

empty bridge

the weather was fine though ...

scho

Steamboat Landing at the waterfront farmers market is usually jammed with people, even on non market days they come to have lunch, get some fresh air, and of course to socialize. This image taken 3 days ago illustrates the extreme changes in social behavior brought on by CV19. There is a picnic bench at the end of the dock that is usually positioned beneath the pergola, but today a woman came to browse on her laptop and she dragged the table over to the far right end of the dock. Another woman came to read and she positioned herself at the far end of another branch of the dock behind the lady in magenta. Social distancing.

darr

People are putting these bears and other stuffed animals out so partents who are "airing" small children have something of a scavenger hunt. They take pictures of them with their phone and share them on social media, so why not here :grin:

In Belgium we're still allowed to go out on bicycle or foot as long as we keep our distance. Cars can only be used to go to work and/or shopping but other "non essential" trips are prohibited (and heavily fined if you get caught)
Pieter,
What a fantastic idea for the children and parents!

Best to you,
Darr

darr

Bodhi

X-Pro3 + 18-55/2.8-4

--

Spent the afternoon under a tornado watch and lots of rain.
Hope everyone is doing well. Keep posting images!

pegelli

Re: Bodhi

Spent the afternoon under a tornado watch and lots of rain.
Hope everyone is doing well. Keep posting images!​

Two reasons to stay inside then.

Hope you came through the storms allright, having your roof torn off these days would be a disaster.​

darr

Re: Bodhi

Two reasons to stay inside then.

Hope you came through the storms allright, having your roof torn off these days would be a disaster.

Absolutely!

Had a tree crash through the roof when Hurricane Hermine came through Tallahassee in 2016.
Spent over a year cleaning up and rebuilding our home in Redland, FL after Hurricane Katrina (8/2005) and then Hurricane Wilma (10/2005) hit.
We headed to north Florida after that, but hurricanes can happen anywhere in Florida, just not so much in the northern part.