The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Architecture, Buildings, and Structures

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
From this morning at sunrise. Citicorp Center. When built, one of the 10 tallest buildings in Manhattan at over 900 feet.

Fuji X-H1, 100-400 @400mm, Velvia tone curve.

In recent years, the zoning boards surrendered to the billionaires:

Same, but @100mm. And that isn't the tallest one...

Matt

Last edited:

pegelli

Will, your photo reminded me of the Armadillo, or Clyde Auditorium, on the Scottish Event Campus in Glasgow.
But you had much better light and a nicer sky. Where is that building located?

Both A7ii + FE24-70/4 CZ

Shashin

Will, your photo reminded me of the Armadillo, or Clyde Auditorium, on the Scottish Event Campus in Glasgow.
But you had much better light and a nicer sky. Where is that building located?
That is the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts in Kansas City, Missouri. It is quite an interesting building. The other side has a glass atrium that looks out over the city. Folks here call it their Sidney Opera House.

The building arcs are under tension from wires in the front which supports a glass atrium which has views over the city (I should post an image one day as it reminds me of the Guggenheim museum in NYC with a white interior and arcing balconies).

This is one side of the building contains a concert hall with a massive pipe organ (the steel back of the building is on the right with the organ). The other hall is larger and uses lit glass panels instead of wood and has a more traditional theater layout.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
The home of the 200-inch. Or, to put it in more familiar terms, a 16764mm f/3.3 lens. Sharp corner to corner! A bit heavy to carry. Needs a REALLY big tripod. :ROTFL:

Matt

Shashin

Cape Canaveral National Seashore. A disused NASA building. (NIR, which apparently the human body is transparent to, but not photographic equipment.)