The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Architecture, Buildings, and Structures

pegelli

The Antwerp Harbour House

The old building below used to be a fire station.
The monstrosity build on top is a design by Zaha Hadid.

I find the combination more spectacular and interesting than beautiful, but of course tastes on this can vary :grin:

A7Rii + FE24-70/4 CZ

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Speaking of architecture looking out of place: This always makes me think of an alien blob devouring the financial district. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Leica S, Contax 140/2.8.

Matt

pegelli

^^ Nice Bart, I especially like the first one, I assume shot from the Rotterdam World Port Center. Or did you have a drone with you?

A different view on the Zaha Hadid Harbour House in Antwerp, without the old building below it looks much better (imho)

Sony A7ii + Super Takumar 150/4 (M42)

Knorp

^^ Nice Bart, I especially like the first one, I assume shot from the Rotterdam World Port Center. Or did you have a drone with you?
Yep, if memory serves me well shot through the window pane at the sixth floor.

Krgds.

pegelli

Sometimes older structures need to undergo a renovation

In this case the Antwerp Cathedral tower

Sony A7ii + Super Takumar 150/4 (M42)