The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Architecture, Buildings, and Structures

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
St. Patrick's Cathedral and Rockefeller Center. This is what happens if you make the foreground building level. Think of the edge of a wide angle photo with uncorrected vertical perspective. Leica S, 120/2.5 @ f/8

Matt

pegelli

They're taking down some old grain silo structures in the Antwerp harbour.

Fortunately the even older one (the brick building behind this concrete one) will be kept as an industrial heritage site.

Sony A7Rii + FE24-70/4 CZ

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
The Diamond District

Leica S, S-24, f/8

Whenever I say "you have to see it printed large", that means it's a mediocre picture. Still, I like the light.

Matt

Shashin

Whenever I say "you have to see it printed large", that means it's a mediocre picture. Still, I like the light.

Matt
I don't know, crop to a 2:1 and eliminate the top of the frame and I think you are onto something. It is interesting layers of achitectual styles across time. The light is very nice and the island of buildings in the center of the lower part of the frame is interesting too. For me, the sky allows me to escape, where eliminating that keeps me among the buildings, which is really where it becomes fascinating.

Big certainly won't hurt the image--there are lots of details and relationships to explore.

stngoldberg

This is a tiny bathroom, less than 4 feet by 4 feet. I was interested in capturing the details of the sink area with my technical camera. I jammed my tripod over the toilet after obtaining the correct focus with the lens tilted one degree and created a six shot stitch with a 32mm rodenstork lens to cover the scene
Stanley

Attachments

pegelli

An old yeast factory along the King Albert canal near Antwerp, now remodelled to a center for cultural and sports clubs (and some more actvities)

A7ii + Super Tak 150/4, LR stitch of 5 handheld portrait oriented photos