The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Architecture, Buildings, and Structures

paulgrundy

The East Banqueting Hall, Chipping Campden, The Cotswolds, England.

The lower floors were for servants and kitchens; the top floor for diners.

The two banqueting halls and the gate house are all that remain of Camden House built around 1615 by Sir Baptist Hicks. Just 30 years later at the end of the English Civil War The fleeing Royalist garrison razed the main building to stop it falling into the hands of the victorious Paliamentarians as they advanced on the town.

The banqueting halls were rescued from dereliction by The Landmark Trust 30 years ago and are now available (in normal times) as holiday rentals.

Shot 5 years ago on a H4D with 80 & 150mm lens, stitched. Winter image shot on a Canon with a 45mm TS-E.

Paul

East-Banqueting-Hall-4.jpg

East-Banqueting-House-2-The-Landmark-Trust.jpg

banquet-hall-x.jpg

paulgrundy

The two banqueting halls and the gate house are all that remain of Camden House built around 1615 by Sir Baptist Hicks. Just 30 years later at the end of the English Civil War The fleeing Royalist garrison razed the main building to stop it falling into the hands of the victorious Paliamentarians as they advanced on the town.

3o years ago the banqueting halls were rescued from dereliction by The Landmark Trust and are available (in normal times) as holiday rentals.

Shot 5 years ago on a H4D with a 80mm & HTC & 150mm lenses, stitched. Winter image shot on a Canon with a 45mm TS-E.

Attachments

B L

3o years ago the banqueting halls were rescued from dereliction by The Landmark Trust and are available (in normal times) as holiday rentals.

Shot 5 years ago on a H4D with a 80mm & HTC & 150mm lenses, stitched. Winter image shot on a Canon with a 45mm TS-E.
Nice set of images.Specially the last one. Paul you name remids me of a great photographer called Mel Grundy,who wrote occasionally in Amateur Photographer magazine and also famous for Mintex Calender photography.

paulgrundy

Nice set of images.Specially the last one. Paul you name remids me of a great photographer called Mel Grundy,who wrote occasionally in Amateur Photographer magazine and also famous for Mintex Calender photography.
Thank you. Yes I recall Mel Grundy, an excellent photographer. (I see you are in W. Yorkshire. I split my time between Hebden Bridge and London.)

Robert Campbell

I'm left wondering: who needs two banqueting halls? Surely one is enough for most people?

vjbelle

I couldn't resist to add this to the mix of images in this thread. I took this 17 years ago with my $8000.00 Canon Ids. A wondrous part of Italy that even at that time was weary of me with my camera. It's rare for me to see current images of this location.

Victor B

Attachments

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Finding Geometry in the most obvious places!

GFX 100, 100/2 @f/4 - not a lens I use often, but the kid upstairs is graduating high school today and his parents wanted some pics.

Matt

Shashin

Finding Geometry in the most obvious places!

GFX 100, 100/2 @f/4 - not a lens I use often, but the kid upstairs is graduating high school today and his parents wanted some pics.
I like the image. :thumbup: I just can't see the kid upstairs...:confused:

pegelli

Headstones as structures

The difference between Commonwealth wargraves and Belgian wargraves, both at the WWII war cemetery at the Schoonselhof near Antwerp

Commonwealth:

Belgian:

Both A7ii + Voigtländer Heliar 40/2.8

Last edited: