The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Architecture, Buildings, and Structures

Shashin

Sumida River, Tokyo. The island I am standing on and in the foreground is artificial and built in 1890s.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Lincoln Center, with the Juilliard School and its dorms in the background. Leica S, 24mm, 2 shot stitch.

It's unfortunately hard to show a very vertical shot. If I make it decently wide, it needs a portrait orientation screen, or view by scrolling. Ah well, here's both!

Matt

pegelli

Yesterday I visited an interesting structure

The "restored" ruin of the Priory Our lady on the Throne

Overview

A7ii + Pentacon 29/2.8

Crypt and rear wall

A7Rii + LA-EA4 + Minolta 100/2

With a bench for quiet meditation

A7Rii + LA-EA4 + Minolta 100/2

The priory is the only publically accessible building (and a protected monument), there's other buildings of the abbey complex that have been further restored and now in use as a private residence.

pegelli

Machine hall of the local sewerwater treatment plant along the King Albert Canal in Oelegem

A7Rii + LA-EA4 + Min 200/2.8 APO HS G

pegelli

The Faam Candyfactory in Breda, as seen from the (temporary) footbridge over the station during the extended renovation

NEX6 + E16-50PZ

pegelli

Bart, your recent photo's of the Almere offices reminded me a bit of what I saw when visiting Shanghai a couple of years ago

Here's one in ZiZhu Technology park (where we were building a new Research Center a bit further down the road)

Sony A700 + Tamron 17-50/2.8

pegelli

Last year we were in Glasgow and we visited the "Scottish Event Campus" where we found the architects were mainly inspired by food

1: Croissant

2: Souffle

3: A block of swiss cheese

1: Sony A6000 + E10-18/4, LR pano of 3 shots)
2, 3: Sony A7ii + FE24-70/4 CZ