The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Gweebara River

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
From 2004 when I moved here.... Olympus E1, I think it was 8 stitches (no cube) the area has had victims in recent years, behind that stone is quicksand, as I learned only afterwards.... LOL

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
Thanks Jack.

This particular picture is precious to me, it was my first panorama and my first picture that I really liked, while technically flawed, it does not matter THAT much too me.

Our local postmaster is somewhat of a historian, and he is big times into photography, his whole postoffice is a gallerie :) full of pictures from the people here, I think starting way back to 1895. His family lives here on Gweebara River since five generations.

His post office was my first gallerie, not without serious convincing from his side, and it turned out the locals liked what they saw a lot, which was encouraging. This paricular shot he found very pleasing and I made a print for him as a gift which now hangs in his living.

Honestly, this is the biggest reward I can think of. Someone to like your work for some reasons so much that they hang it in their living room. :) Particulary in this case, living here since so long, this was a big compliment.