The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

cunim

And . . . . what did Rudolph say ?:)
I tried not to intrude as, after all, being laid off in favor of new technology is a private matter. However, he was muttering something about the relative prices of hay and avgas.

bensonga

Time to revive this thread!

Both shots with a Canon 40D and 60mm f2.8 EFS macro lens.

The business end of this plane....

The bigger picture...it's not going anywhere for a few more months.

bensonga

Some of you may have seen the first picture which I posted a couple weeks ago on the Fun with film (other the Leica M) thread. I drove by this plane again today and the covers on the engine and windshield had been removed, so I took a few more shots.

Spring is slowly coming to Alaska.....maybe by May 1st most of the snow will be gone, a winter's worth of sand and gravel will be cleared off the roads and I'll finally get my Bimmer out of storage. I sure hope so!

Gary

Hasselblad 503CXi, 100mm CFi lens and Ilford Delta 100

Canon 1D2 and the 24-70/2.8L lens

Last edited:

bensonga

I was getting a little bored with the same old, same old image processing, so I reprocessed the image posted above and gave it a little zing. :D

Solarized de Havilland Beaver
Canon 1D2, 24-70/2.8L lens

bensonga

On the topic of automobiles.....I've been enjoying the videos about mostly classic cars and their owners on the Petrolicious site:

Videos

They recently posted this interview with a photographer who does a lot of car photography and I thought some of you might be interested:

Behind the Curtain with Photographer Richard Thompson III | Articles

I know many GetDPI members are also "gear heads" and I've really enjoyed seeing Jorgen's photos of car racing in Asia.

Gary

cunim

Working on the tail strut. Aircraft is ten years older than the mechanic.

Last edited:

bensonga

From my first trip to Europe (France) last September. One of my favorite experiences was seeing many small cars that I rarely (if ever) see in Alaska.

Panasonic GH2 and the 12-35mm lens

GregMO

These were from 2 summers past during NASA's Space Shuttle Discovery fly over Washington, DC before putting it into retirement. They did 2 passes over the city.
Canon 7D & 300mm & 70-200mm lenses

bensonga

My friend's Carver was in dry dock for maintenance which gave me an opportunity for a few pics.

Gary

Canon 1D Mark II, 24-70/2.8L lens at 70mm and f2.8....it still produces some fine images.

Last edited:

cunim

Here's a plane and an automobile. Now I just need to lay track onto the taxiway to get the ultimate topic shot.

Last edited:

cunim

Wow!!! :thumbup:

Gary
Thank you, but not my Vanquish I'm afraid. Regional chapter of the Aston Martin Owner's Club wanted something for the calendar. Don't know if they used the pictures for that, or if they just gave the guys some new screen savers. Nice cars.

AaronK

Western New York state, last fall.

McDonald, Ohio, last year. Film scan (Fuji Acros)

Some ghost town in South Dakota, circa 2004. Film again, using a Mamiya 645 Pro TL.

More on my Flickr pages.