The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

pegelli

Last Sunday I made another visit to the Museum Buurtspoorweg in the eastern part of the Netherlands. I was a volunteer maintenance engineer, fireman and driver there until we moved too far away in 1992. I still try to visit sometimes.

Here's a few B&W's I took during this last visit.

1: NS 7853 Leaving the depot

2: A happy driver overseeing taking in fresh water

3: Pre departure chat with the Station Master

All A6000 + MD Rokkor-X 45/2

Knorp

From a day in September at the Veluwsche Stoomtrein Maatschappij a Dutch heritage railway.

Knorp

From a day in September at the Veluwsche Stoomtrein Maatschappij a Dutch heritage railway.

Knorp

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Just received a couple of lemons from a friend all the way from Vietnam. These are 1930s lemons presumably relics from French Indo China. Outside a hotel in Hanoi and used for tourist tours, I believe. iPhone pics not great quality, but interesting.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Just received a couple of lemons from a friend all the way from Vietnam. These are 1930s lemons presumably relics from French Indo China. Outside a hotel in Hanoi and used for tourist tours, I believe. iPhone pics not great quality, but interesting.
That's the Metropole Hotel in Hanoi. French elegance in a classical part of the city. (You may have also seen the pics from the Vietnam war where the government had a bunker underneath). I stayed there a couple of years ago and the cars are parked out front.