The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

bensonga

It has been quite awhile since I posted any photos here. I can't remember if boats are ok too, but I didn't see a separate thread for boats, so here goes.

The Chacon. For most of the past 25 years I have known it was there, the Chacon has been shrouded behind a dense overgrowth of trees and brush. In 2015, thanks to the work and contributions of many volunteers, the Chacon was brought out of the woods and into the light of day for all to enjoy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chacon_(1912)

Shot with a Sony A7 and Zeiss ZM 35/2 Biogon.

Gary

f6cvalkyrie

From a visit to the Railway Station "Guillemins" in Liège, Belgium ... this building was designed by the famous architect, Santiago Calatrava Valls.

C U,
Rafael

bensonga

From a visit to the Railway Station "Guillemins" in Liège, Belgium ... this building was designed by the famous architect, Santiago Calatrava Valls.

C U,
Rafael
Excellent use of an ultrawide/fisheye lens Rafael. Very impressive train station. What lens did you use for these shots?

Gary

Last edited:

pegelli

Last week I took a short vacation in Germany and one day we took the train from Remagen (our base camp) into the Ahrtal, getting on and off at different stations. Here's an impression of the local trains that take you through this lovely wine country.

1: Departing Ahrweiler direction Remagen

2: Departing Mayschoss direction Remagen

3: Departing Mayschoss direction Remagen 2

4: Arriving in Mayschoss from Ahrweiler

5: Arriving in Mayschoss from Ahrweiler 2

1,3: A6000 + Metabones speedbooster + OM Zuiko 100/2.8
2: NEX6 + E18-105/4
4,5: A6000 + OM Zuiko 100/2.8

bensonga

Also posted on the Fun with Sony thread...but it deserves to be here too.

Gary

A7RII and FE 55/1.8

Last edited:

pegelli

A last series from my train trips in Germany late last month.

1: A local entering the Remagen station, with the beautiful Appolinaris church in the background

2: A long container train (152 axles) passing through the Bonn-Bad Godesdorf station

3: An express passenger train passing through the Bonn-Bad Godesdorf station

4: Local train arriving in Köln Central Station from the Hohenzollern bridge

5: The same train, a little further

All A6000 + Metabones speedbooster + OM Zuiko 100/2.8

bensonga

From the Pima Air and Space Museum in Tucson, Arizona. Unfortunately, I did not take good notes on each plane, so I couldn't tell you what this one is. Perhaps someone here will know.

Gary Benson

Sony A7R2, SZ FE 16-35/4 lens

Last edited:

bensonga

BANKER1

The Museum of the United States Air Force, located at Dayton, OH, is the very best aircraft museum I have ever visited. It includes the largest variety of military aircraft including the Valkyrie, the only one to survive after the other experimental version crashed in mid-air. A new hangar was recently added and houses the Valkyrie. The museum is free of charge and includes plenty of free parking. The new hangar also includes all past presidential aircraft. You can stand in the actual spot where Lynden Johnson was sworn in as President after the assassination of President Kennedy. I recommend the museum highly.

Greg

bensonga

The Museum of the United States Air Force, located at Dayton, OH, is the very best aircraft museum I have ever visited. It includes the largest variety of military aircraft including the Valkyrie, the only one to survive after the other experimental version crashed in mid-air. A new hangar was recently added and houses the Valkyrie. The museum is free of charge and includes plenty of free parking. The new hangar also includes all past presidential aircraft. You can stand in the actual spot where Lynden Johnson was sworn in as President after the assassination of President Kennedy. I recommend the museum highly.

Greg
Thanks for the info Greg. I just don't know if or when I will get to Dayton, OH. I still haven't been to Washington DC to see the National Air and Space Museum.

Gary

bensonga

The nose of this North America F-86E Sabre reminds me of a filter feeding whale shark.

Gary

Sony A7R2, SZ FE 16-35/4 lens

BANKER1

Below is a picture of my son after his final (fini) flight as a United States Air Force pilot after 23 years of active duty service. Prior to that he spent four years at the United States Air Force Academy. His primary aircraft was the F-15 C Eagle. He has also flown the T-37, AT38B, AT38C, and the T-6 Texan II. He is a Colonel and relinquished command last Thursday of the 80th Flying Training Wing, Euronato Joint Jet Pilot Training after 27 months as commander. The wing is staffed by and trains 14 Nato Nation pilots including the United States.

20170523-5-30-17_0409A.jpg

pegelli

Below is a picture of my son after his final (fini) flight as a United States Air Force pilot after 23 years of active duty service. Prior to that he spent four years at the United States Air Force Academy. His primary aircraft was the F-15 C Eagle. He has also flown the T-37, AT38B, AT38C, and the T-6 Texan II. He is a Colonel and relinquished command last Thursday of the 80th Flying Training Wing, Euronato Joint Jet Pilot Training after 27 months as commander. The wing is staffed by and trains 14 Nato Nation pilots including the United States.
Nice shot, and a son you can be proud of :thumbup:

A well maintained (or restored) Lagonda

KM5D + Helios 35/2.8 (M42)