The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

bensonga

Here are a few more shots from the 2016 Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion at Laguna Seca, looking at the cars as they begin their descent down The Corkscrew. I really wish I could be there next weekend for the 2017 races, but I will be in Oregon to see the total solar eclipse on Monday the 21st instead.

Gary

Panasonic GX8 and the outstanding 35-100mm f2.8 lens

photographist

Quite nice -- reminds me of my old Marklin RR Model sets ...

I've been mostly a lurker here so far. But as a train fan I thought I'd make a contribution to this thread. These are pictures that I took in August 2016 while on vacation in the Black Forest in Germany. Every Sunday in July and August, there's a steam train of the Eisenbahnfreunde Zollernbahn going over the Schwarzwaldbahn between Rottweil and Hausach. It also runs this summer.

End station Hausach. The locomotive is moving backwards to the (new) front of the train.

The driving wheels are 2 meter in diameter.

Leaving Hausach station towards Triberg.

Leaving Triberg station.

While the train was making a big loop to gain altitude, we took a shortcut in the car to catch up at the end of the Hohen-Tunnel.

All pictures; Mamiya 645AFDIII, 75-150mm f/4.5 AF-D and 45mm F/2.8 AF, Ilford Delta 400 film.

Menno

pegelli

The Ricciardo/Verstappen Red Bull F-1 car is on display at my former employers office :)

Driver decals

The steering wheel looks more like a playstation gamepad ;)

Both Sony A700 + Tamron 17-50/2.8

pegelli

Dual carburettor air cooled boxer motor, made in Germany, from way before the time you needed software to control (and cheat [;)]) emissions

Sony A850 + 135/1.8 CZ

bensonga

It has been MUCH too long since I checked in here....some truly wonderful images!

That said...I really hesitate to post this one...but I'm sure a train will pass by here some day. I just never seem to be there when it does.

Gary

Sony A7m and 85/1.8 lens