The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

bensonga

There were so many incredible air-cooled Porsches at the Luftgekuhlt 5 event, it was overwhelming.

This Le Mans class winning Gmund restored by Emory Motorsports was one of them. Very special!

Gary

Knorp

There were so many incredible air-cooled Porsches at the Luftgekuhlt 5 event, it was overwhelming.

This Le Mans class winning Gmund restored by Emory Motorsports was one of them. Very special!

Gary
That's what I call a kühl looking edition ... :thumbs:

pegelli

When I was at Brands Hatch a week ago the fastest vehicle was not roaring around the bends

both A7ii + LA-EA4 + Min 35/2

bensonga

I see quite a few old trucks like this one out at the Anchorage small planes airport and the Lake Hood seaplane base. I assume they are used for towing or lifting planes because they all have winches/lifts mounted on the back of the truck.

I hadn't used the M9 for a few months, so gave it a go on Sunday. I like the image files but I'm still not used to the somewhat imprecise frame lines (compared with a SLR/DSLR or mirrorless camera). Guess I should use it more often.

I decided to get a little creative with the processing in ColorEfex on this one.

Gary

M9, Zeiss ZM 50/2 Planar

bensonga

Another shot from the area around the Lake Hood Seaplane Base. You can see the truck above in the background.

If the entry in Wikipedia is correct, this is the world's busiest seaplane base.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Hood_Seaplane_Base

I thought the rear end of my Bimmer was just inside the frame lines. Inaccurate framelines? User error? Perhaps a bit of both.

Gary

M9, Zeiss ZM 50/2 Planar

bensonga

Originally posted on the Sony thread for dedicated monochrome cameras. I realized later that the image I posted had a horizon which was not level, but by then it was too late to edit the post with a link to a straightened version. So I'm posting the new and improved version here.

Of course, I had to reprint the straightened image on the Baryta 13x19 inch paper too. Looks much better now. :)

Gary

Lockheed Constellation "Columbine"
Pima Air and Space Museum, Tucson, Arizona, March 2018
Sony A7(m), FE 16-35/4G at 16mm, ISO 100, 1/800th at f8, Monochrome2DNG conversion

V

Vivek

There are quite a few of this sort around here. Some kind of get together.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Sony A7rII(m), Monochrome sensor done by monochromeimaging, Canon FL 50/1.8, processed via monochrome2DNG.

bensonga

I picked up a Zeiss ZM 28/2.8 Biogon lens recently to use with my M9. It is not a focal length I use very often, so find myself cropping the images quite a lot to get the composition I like. Here are a few of my first batch of test shots. So far so good.

Gary

pegelli

May 1 there was a classic car rally in our town.

Spotted a nice looking Corvette :)

1: The car

2: Logo

3: Flags

4: Hubcap

1: A7 + FE24-70 CZ, 2-4: A7ii + LA-EA4 + Min 100/2.8 macro D

bensonga

Very nice car and photos! Probably my favorite vintage of the Corvette and I always liked that silver/blue and white color combo.

Gary

Knorp

when police drove in style ... (cross post from "4/3 lenses on m4/3")

| Panasonic DC-G9 | DMW-MA1 | D Summilux 1:1.4/25 ASPH. |

jotloob

Subscriber Member
This is especially for GARRY .
A HONDA Valcurie ? A quick iPHONE 4 shot . Sorry for bad quality , especially my finger , top left .

HONDA.VALKYRIE.jpg