The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Elderly

A few more from Castle Combe Classic meeting last Saturday.
"A few more …", but I can't find your previous Combe photos.

That weather/Combe/me/NO ……..
No pit garages, not much run-off

Unforgettable memories:
1/ It was the first race track I ever drove

2/ A few years later - brake problems approaching Avon Rise and hence Quarry - I've not been back!

Here's a picture of 'me' at Combe taken by my wife in 2004, demonstrating the shutter lag of the Dimage A1 :D.

Elderly

GTO? That's a rarity. Is it a replica or original. I doubt the colour is original in any case, but it matches the background nicely :)
Not as rare as the two extant Lancasters in flying condition!

I think that there were thirty three 250GTO (with that body style) made;
something doesn't look quite right to me about the one in my photo,
but it was taken at Goodwood ……. so who knows?

Without that particular combination of colours in the shot, I wouldn't have taken it.

Elderly

I remember when I thought people were crazy paying …….

Cheers,

Joel
In the late '70s I went to see a gorgeous 250GTE owned by David Piper.

He wanted £5500 for it ……. I offered him £5000 ……. neither of us would budge

Elderly

Did you copy this Taxi photo /\ above from the person who uploaded a VERY similar one in the 'Fun with …..' Jorgen? :D

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Did you copy this Taxi photo /\ above from the person who uploaded a VERY similar one in the 'Fun with …..' Jorgen? :D
Ha ha... yes, I'm very good with copy/paste :ROTFL:

I do this now and then. When a photo is relevant to more than one group, I post in in two, sometimes even three groups :wtf:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
"A few more …", but I can't find your previous Combe photos.

That weather/Combe/me/NO ……..
No pit garages, not much run-off

Unforgettable memories:
1/ It was the first race track I ever drove

2/ A few years later - brake problems approaching Avon Rise and hence Quarry - I've not been back!

Here's a picture of 'me' at Combe taken by my wife in 2004, demonstrating the shutter lag of the Dimage A1 :D.

I was just following on from my pic of the 917, which was on display at the Autumn Classic meeting.

Great pic by your wife, illustrates 'speed' perfectly! The infield is no longer a field of rape plants, but is full of solar panels, as in my pic posted in late July of the Ferrari 512.

One more from the Classic meeting.