The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Elderly

I went to Silverstone today to Time & Sign at a big historic car event for my friend in his Alfa Romeo
(no time for me to take photographs :thumbdown:).

He did really well and finished 2nd out of a large field,
but I can't help feeling that he would have done much better if he'd lose
the weight and drag of that BMW :grin::ROTFL:.

Last edited:

JoelM

I went to Silverstone today to Time & Sign at a big historic car event for my friend in his Alfa Romeo
(no time for me to take photographs :thumbdown:).

He did really well and finished 2nd out of a large field,
but I can't help feeling that he would have done much better if he'd lose
the weight and drag of that BMW :grin::ROTFL:.

Very good, I like that. I really like those old "boatnose" BMWs. Is that what they are called? Funny, I was never a BMW guy and I get a lot of grief from my Tesla-owning cousin, but somehow I ended up with 2 BMWs, 335d and e86 Z4M Coupe. I love the old 507 and the Z8 as well as the old M3s and original M5s. Funny how this kind of stuff sneaks up on us.

Joel

pegelli

The modified Antwerp railway station has dug 3 levels deep (with tracks) into the ground. It used to be a terminus type station, but at the lowest level they dug a tunnel under the "closed end", so now some trains can go through the station without changing direction.

This is a view on the lowest level, which is mostly used for express and international trains (mostly the line Amsterdam - Brussels - Paris)

A850 + Min 35/2

pegelli

May 1 there is always a classic car rally in our town. When you go early enough (before the arrival of all cars) the crowds are manageble to get some decent shots. In the afternoon all you would see is people's backsides :banghead:

1: Triumph TR3

2: Ausin Healey

3: Chevrolet Corvette

4: VW "mountainvan" (with some other participants arriving in the background)

5: And not a plane, train or automobile, but an interesting looking Triumph anyway :eek:

All Sony A7 + FE 24-70/4 CZ

pegelli

MBS #6 "Magda" taking water in Haaksbergen (Netherlands). It's a small 22 ton 040 built by La Meuse in Belgium and painted in original NCS livery.

In the background you can see # 7853 "Navizence", which didn't do service that day but was just towed out for display.

A6000 + LA-EA4 + Sony 18-250

pegelli

A chance encounter a couple of month ago with an Opel Record from around 1960 (so only a few years younger than I ;))

Both Sony A700 + Minolta 50/1.4

pegelli

NS 7853 (MBS 8) "Navizence" departing Haaksbergen

A850 + Tamron 28-200 XR

The numbering/livery of this engine is actually a special story. In 1945 the Dutch Railways (NS) bought two of the same engines (Winterthur "Tigerli") from the Swiss railways and numbered them 7851 and 7852. They were mainly used for shunt duties in the Rotterdam harbour. After several years of service both were demolished.

Many years later the MBS was able to buy this one, restored it and made it look like how the two original ones did their service in the Netherlands after the war and gave it # 7853, as if it was the third in the series that was sold to the NS.

Leigh

Whilst I realise that you must have been standing a little to the left of centre,
it doesn't explain what appears to be a dreadful tracking error in the geometry of that Healey.
It's British. What more explanation do you need? :ROTFL:

- Leigh

pegelli

Look what parked in our street today

A bright red Austin Healey 3000 Mk II

# 37

Woodrim

All A6000 + E10-18/4