The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Elderly

A couple of photos that V.E. day have prompted me to post (a day I think that should be commemorated but not celebrated);
both taken with my ex Mk1 EM1 coupled with the jack of all trades master of none Mk1 14-150, and both heavily cropped.

The photo with the DC-3, or C-47, or whatever you want to call it in foreground, shows a Hurricane and two Spitfires
following the world's only two airworthy examples of the Lancaster. A sight that sadly will never be seen again.

In the second image, the fighter behind the two Spitfires is an ME 109.

pegelli

^^ Where did you take that photo? The licence plate looks Dutch :confused:
Great processing btw :salute:

Historic tram from Arnhem, in the open air museum (openluchtmuseum), also in Arnhem.

Sony A550 + Minolta 200/2.8 APO HS G

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Many thanks, Pieter.

Yes, you are correct, the Hudson is in the Louwman Car Museum, The Hague. I was there in 2015. In the background there are some lovely enlargements of Norman Rockwell illustrations of 1950s America.

Louwmans is great place to go, if you've never been, you would love it, but you have to allow plenty of time as there is so much to see, I think I went round twice when I was there:thumbs:. Beautiful building too.