The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

pegelli

From the vaults, a local car event from 2016

Beetle

Beetle eye

Ford Edsel

The hubcap of the Edsel still needs a small touch-up

All A6000 + OM Zuiko 24/2.8

pegelli

I used to maintain, fire and drive steam engines at the Museum Buurtspoorweg between Haaksbergen and Boekelo from 1971 until 1992 after which I unfortunately had to stop that hobby.

But I still go there and check out periodically how they are doing and catch up with the people I still know there. Here's a photo from 2009 with SS 657 "The Frog" pulling out of the station in Bad Boekelo

Sony A700 + 18-250

After a major overhaul the engine is now painted in darker green and renumbered NS 8107 to reflect how it looked after the two largest private raiway companies (HSM and SS) merged and became NS. I still need to go and check it out, but COVID makes that difficult at the moment.

Reactions: B L

pegelli

MBS #6 (La Meuse, 1925) getting the last drops of oil in Haaksbergen before pulling the first train of that day to Boekelo

Sony A6000 + LA-EA4 + 18-250

pegelli

I've only been to Brands Hatch (near London) once (April 2018) to witness a "training day", which is good because it brings out a large diversity of cars.

I've posted before from that day but here's a few new ones I pulled from the vaults (a favourite COVID pastime)

1: An oldie

2: A big mean Porsche

3: A slightly smaller Porsche

4: # 72

1+2: Sony A7ii + LA-EA4 + Minolta 85/1.4 G
3+4: Sony A6000 + FE70-300 G