The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Just because I want it to work...

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Doesn't mean it will. I've played with this image a dozen times and now have come to the conclusion that it's kind of a near miss. I find myself getting caught up in trying to make a certain image work and maybe trying too hard.

thomasl.se

A dozen times, that's when I would try to leave it alone for the moment and maybe it'll sort itself out until next time.
Meanwhile, here is... I don't know, a quick one somewhere between noon and doom?

Thomas

Last edited:
R

roberth

print it out, stick it to the fridge or the back of the front door, see it every day and you will eventually figure out which treatment you should use.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I think the problem is that while it is an interesting image, there is no obvious subject... IMO no matter what you do to color and tone, that's what's missing...

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I think the problem is that while it is an interesting image, there is no obvious subject... IMO no matter what you do to color and tone, that's what's missing...
Thanks to everyone who took a stab at a rescue of this. I think Jack is right though. I was initially attracted to the shadow ring in the top center. But it was caused by the sun which is just out of the frame. I think I'll chock this one up in the "misses" column and move on.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well I agree reason why I was trying to blow the highlights a little more was to bring some eye contact back in.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Put a helicopter or bird, even a small one, at the lower left golden mean point and you'd have a winner...