The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NSFW: How is this for a pose

jlm

Workshop Member
Re: How is this for a pose

if i might make a suggestion or two:

the human figure is capable of very subtle expression and capturing that is an art and worth striving for. you might try figure models who pose for drawing classes.

what i tend to do with the figure is work close and treat the form or that portion in your frame as sort of a landscape, not necessarily horizontal

R

Ranger 9

LOL Ranger 9, its July 4th, too much typing and reading already. :salute:
Okay, fair enough. I was feeling cranky when I wrote that reply. Shoulda gone out and set off some firecrackers instead!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

if i might make a suggestion or two:

the human figure is capable of very subtle expression and capturing that is an art and worth striving for. you might try figure models who pose for drawing classes.

what i tend to do with the figure is work close and treat the form or that portion in your frame as sort of a landscape, not necessarily horizontal
John,
You have a good point here. The life-drawing models have a polished ability for whole-body expression second to none.
I am an opportunistic shooter, when a dancer comes along, well ok, why not! :salute:
-bob