The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

hidden Bay

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
July IX, 2009

I have serious stress, the frame producer is a lame arse, pallets of paper, mats, diplay easels, print racks etc. arrived, still no frames. Trying to preapre four exhibitions at the same time is no joke, especially not idf you never did it before. :ROTFL: I can not stand another day in my office....

The weather here is just ridiculous at the moment, two weeks worth of rain came down in two hours, villages evacuated, bridges damaged, let alone hundreds of properties and businesses. In other words, it sucks!

The forecast predicted a small gap on thursday and friday, I chose to risk it and booked a boat. "Atlantic Island" a 190 PS outboarder, impressive speed, nothing for the fainthearted!

The captain is kewl :salute:, when asked whether 5:00 AM is all right for him he just nods and mentions that to cost four more guiness in the evening, I laugh and agree.

Not good light this morning, but :wtf:, we go anyway. Brilliant trip! Will do that again asap in the evening light. Fingers crossed I'll get that this summer. The colors will just start to glow like mad in the right light. There are many sea caves under the Island. Can't drive in there, hords of seals would attack right away at this time of the year.

Shot around 500 frames in 36 hours, lots of stuff to go through, inital preview is pleasing. Back in office. :thumbdown: I need a secretary. :ROTFL:

Last edited:

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
two more.... You do not want to know how I took them.... but I decided now that I am not going to risk anything stupid anymore in the heat of the moment, just not worth it. Rather rent a helicopter and strap in.