Site Sponsors

Thread: Your Opinion: Creating a Portfolio

Subscriber Member Georg Baumann's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Your Opinion: Creating a Portfolio

Greetings,

I am working on a set that I will print on PhotoRag Duo, to be presented in a Hahnemuehle A3 leather Portfolio.

As most of you know, I am no good for optimizing pictures for web, however, I am very happy with the print result which is much richer and more detailed then I can do for web here.

Your impression on the pictures in this thread is much appreciated!

Subscriber Member Georg Baumann's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Your Opinion: Creating a Portfolio

heck of a bunch of opinions....

ddk

Quote Originally Posted by Georg Baumann View Post

heck of a bunch of opinions....
    Hi Georg,

I'm not really sure what you're looking for, and we don't have enough, really any information why you're making the portfolio and who for.

If you're looking for a critique of the photo then, I'll give you an honest one, based on the web image, which you might not like.

Quality of light and composition are the two major turn ons in a landscape photo for me. In this particular image I find the light flat and the overall composition on the weak side. All I see here is some rock and the photograph fails to inspire me or give any clues about the location in your photo. What I like about it is the seagull which helps give some idea of scale, and that its on a coast, otherwise there are no clues as to what I'm looking at...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I was waiting to see if you would post a few more images. As for this one, it has a lot going for it but I think the light is pretty flat and some of the drama of the massive rock is lost. I think if it were my image I'd try and pull some of the veins of color out a bit more and maybe do some selective burning and dodging to add depth and maybe give the lonely seagull a bit more emphasis as a nice, gentle counterpoint to all that mass.

Best of luck with your effort, I'm sure it will be terrific.

Tim