The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about a more fun with IR thread?

R

RachelAnnFoster

Lisa - nice! I keep forgetting about this place.

These were from today - all with a 1DsII 24-105

Don

I absolutely love this one. I have a 24-105 also but I've not produced anything like this!

scho

Two more false color IR shots from the Canon 350D (715nm) with the 24-105 f/4L taken today.

Snow on juniper

Cold Squirrel (-3 F this afternoon when this was taken)

scho

Frozen waterfall and trail closed until spring. Hemlock branches in foreground. Canon 350D-IR (715nm), Canon EF 50mm f/1.4.

scho

Carl, This one is a winner. I love it.
Thanks Cindy. I also like the way this one turned out and will try doing some more forest floor macros in IR. False color processing can produce some unexpected surprises occasionally.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Don. I processed this one cool toned on purpose, but not sure it works as well as the neutral to warmer tone finish...

Don Libby

So how's the false colors? I've been surprised that with the exception of the shots I took the Mission all the others have been converted to B&W. I've got a series of the Mission in false color printed on canvas that's been selling rather well so I'm not disappointed in the lest. But ya just gotta love the tone of the B&W.

What are you using for processing?

This should really rock at the workshop!

Don

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
No, this one was the stock 715 conversion. I processed it monochrome with a selenium tint

scho

Couple more from today's walk up to the falls in town (Ithaca Falls). All processed in CS4 for false color.

Frozen Ithaca Falls

Icicles on the gorge wall. This one is spooky. I didn't notice this until I got home and processed the image, but look at the base of the cliff in the ice.

A 100% crop of "the face".