The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about a more fun with IR thread?

V

Vivek

That pink cactus (not really red) also makes an interesting subject. ;):D

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
My one problem I noticed today is the 7-14mm is I am getting a hot spot at 7mm if I back off to 9mm than that tends to go away. So next round i have to keep this in mind. The 20mm is just awesome with IR also. I only have 2 lenses the 7-14 and 20mm so need to figure out something longer when i have a few extra dollars. I put too much money in my real kit the MF system but this is just a blast to work with

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
That pink cactus (not really red) also makes an interesting subject. ;):D
Yea too bad Valentines day has passed. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

have to say this is just flat out fun to play with. Brought some joy to this old dog today.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

V

Vivek

Not sure if I have shown these here before..

A froglet (just out of the tadpole stage) on a leaf:

Nikon D80-IR, A 28mm T/S lens.

A Swan

Nikon D80-IR, 18-55 kitzoom.

A Butterfly on bramble.

Nikon D80-IR, 70-300 zoom

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Vivek, the frog is way cool! The swan looks like she's ready to attack you ;)

V

Vivek

Thanks, Jack. :) The Swan was less than two feet from me and was hissing, ready to strike. I held my nerve long enough to snap the picture and move away. :D

Here is a sunset picture (sort of :)) from Rotterdam.

Nikon D80-IR, 14-24 zoom at 14mm.

V

Vivek

Thanks, Carl.:) I love the basket shot of yours (onions and garlic). Such clarity- simple and elegant.:thumbs:

A light boy during a film shoot.

D80-IR, 200/3.5 AF Nikkor

I don't have the D80-IR anymore and I just use a modified E-410 for experiments. Once I finally finish converting my G1 for UV and IR, it is going to be real fun.:) Liveview changed everything, especially for UV and IR.