The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about a more fun with IR thread?

V

Vivek

Indeed! Any cam/brand would do.

(I was being pointed about the G1 for a reason. Will get back shortly. ;) )

scho

Just a piece of fossiliferous rock overgrown with myrtle. Shot with the G1-IR and 7-14 Lumix.

V

Vivek

Here is the reason I mentioned G1. My treasured (hacked) G1.

Stick a piece of Wratten 87 on the pop-up and it is a dedicated IR flash. For me, with a Hoya R72, it exposes spot on. Nearly stealth as you see the outline. It does close and open after this operation.

V

Vivek

Since I don't have suitable ND filters (only very large ones or 48mm filters..:eek:), I stuck a Heliopan RM1000 on the Canon 50/0.95. Exposure at 1/3500s, ISO100, f/0.95 (evening light)!

D

DavidB

Stick a piece of Wratten 87 on the pop-up and it is a dedicated IR flash.
Hmm. It doesn't get too hot?
A couple of years ago I experimented with a similar mod of a Canon 420EX using Lee 87 material, but the filter has to absorb so much energy that it heated and warped. I guess the Wratten gel copes better than the Lee polyester? (and the fact that it's a weaker flash)

V

Vivek

Hmm. It doesn't get too hot?
A couple of years ago I experimented with a similar mod of a Canon 420EX using Lee 87 material, but the filter has to absorb so much energy that it heated and warped. I guess the Wratten gel copes better than the Lee polyester? (and the fact that it's a weaker flash)
The latter reasons. No problems.

Lisa

I've been enjoying seeing what other people are doing with IR here, but haven't contributed for awhile (or have I at all???). Following are a couple from a trip to Yosemite Valley right after a snowstorm (taken in January, just recently processed), using an IR-converted Nikon D200:

Lisa

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I've been enjoying seeing what other people are doing with IR here, but haven't contributed for awhile (or have I at all???). Following are a couple from a trip to Yosemite Valley right after a snowstorm (taken in January, just recently processed), using an IR-converted Nikon D200:

Lisa
Lisa, I have never seen an IR photo taken of a snowy scene. These are beautiful. The second is exceptional. Thank you for sharing.

scho

Lisa
Lisa, Very nice snowscapes. IR imaging works well for snow scenes - great clarity.

V

Vivek

These two were no accidents. Taken with my hacked G1, Pana 20/1.7, Hoya R72, Bolder Vision polarizer.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
We stopped by an old country church today because a relative has recently been buried here.

St. Michael's Church, Town of Mitchell G1 IR and 7-14mm (I tried to shield the flare!)

I finally took the 7-14 off of the G1 IR and replaced it with the Pen-F 20 f/3.5. This is a fantastic lens.
Old Stone