The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about a more fun with IR thread?

V

Vivek

One sample from the Angenieux 25/0.95 (Type M2), stopped down to f/2.

Hacked G1, Angenieux 25/0.95, f/2, ISO100, 1/2500, Heliopan RG780.

The filter (58mm) was held in front of the lens as I do not have a means to attach it now. No hood either. I plan to fix both the the issue soon (would make the lens even bigger).

scho

We stopped by an old country church today because a relative has recently been buried here.

St. Michael's Church, Town of Mitchell G1 IR and 7-14mm (I tried to shield the flare!)

I finally took the 7-14 off of the G1 IR and replaced it with the Pen-F 20 f/3.5. This is a fantastic lens.
Old Stone
Very nice shots Cindy. I like the way that Pen 20 performs on your G1. Classic IR subject material. I took the shot below with my M8 a couple of years ago in the old Christ Church cemetary on St Simons island in Georgia. The algae and lichens create some interesting patterns on these old headstones that are only visible in IR images. A bit spooky.:)

scho

The filter (58mm) was held in front of the lens as I do not have a means to attach it now. No hood either. I plan to fix both the the issue soon (would make the lens even bigger).
A wonderful IR portrait Vivek. Very nicely done and such a beautiful smile.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Very nice shots Cindy. I like the way that Pen 20 performs on your G1. Classic IR subject material. I took the shot below with my M8 a couple of years ago in the old Christ Church cemetary on St Simons island in Georgia. The algae and lichens create some interesting patterns on these old headstones that are only visible in IR images. A bit spooky.:)
Thank you, Carl. I really like this one. The light is much less contrasty than it was in my shot. I agree that old cemetery stones make a good subject.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

This is really a sweet portrait. I enjoy watching you push the envelope when it comes to IR.

V

Vivek

We went to the beach/pier, earlier today. A bunch of snaps from there (all with 20/1.7, Hoya R72, polarizer, hacked G1, except for a few later).

Switched to the longest FL lens (Fujinon-TV 75/1.8) I had with me briefly.

"Comfortable Shoes"

I could have benefited from even a longer lens. I did not expect anyone would be crazy enough to surf in the cold weather conditions.

Back to 20/1.7

Canal and boat load of cheerful folks.

Flea market

Back to my usual.

V

Vivek

I showed my modified pop up on G1. Here are couple of samples for its uses. Without the light from that the Dandelion heads would look like featureless mush.

This guy was making snaps of the glass building for its architect with a medium format cam.

..in the middle of a junction.

one last snap on the way back home..

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Vivek, This is a really nice set. I really like the first shot of the photographer. The composition is really nice. The second photographer shot is very amusing.
I really like the look you are getting in your IR photographs.

Don Libby

Just a heads up here - I've sold my 1DsII IR camera as I found I was processing 99% of the images in B&W I felt I was getting as good an image with either my M9 or P45+ thus it went to a new home. I'll continue to visit this thread from time to time however my days of shooting IR are now over.

Don

V

Vivek

Don, I think you did well. I am unsure how sensitive that Canon CMOS sensor is to IR.

If I had a P45+, the first thing I would do is to rip the IR cut filter on the sensor..well..hopefully soon. ;)

viablex1

Hey thanks,
I finally finally learned how to select the shadows and layer them in. and use multiple images to bracket and blend..

thanks again

MAtto

V

Vivek

Rich, Love the colors you are able to get and with perfect subjects! :thumbs: