The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about a more fun with IR thread?

Rich M

Thanks Vivek and Cindy.....coming from you guys, it means a lot.

I must admit, however, I did very little color tweaking.....this is pretty much straight OOC with just some selective sharpening.

I had not a lot of hope for any IR shots.....it was late in the day, an hour from sunset and slightly overcast. It was more a meditation after a very long day in the office.

Still so so much to learn.

(On a completely unrelated note, I am really liking "monza" adapter. It seems like it is breaking in after some initial stiffness.)

Regards.....R

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Rich, The Contax 90 on the Monza adapter is really doing a good job for you. The bokeh of your G lens is lovely and the sharp is sharp.

Rich M

Konica Hexanon 57/1.2

This lens has a completely different color cast than the Contax G's (which the only way I can describe it are more neutral)....which lends itself to more opportunities in PP.

Rich M

Cindy.....thank you.

It is such an interesting process. I am finding that different lenses have different "color" signatures. (I think on several it could be the thorium coatings, but I need to test this). These can be diminished or eliminated in C1, but it opens the door other options in post-processing.

I am also discovering (which everyone probably knows already) that these color casts are more apparent late in the day. Originally I was shooting everything at midday for the "classic" IR.....but now find there is more subtlety in tones later before everything gets muddy.

Regards...R

Lisa

Just got back from a vacation in New Zealand a week ago, and just started processing photos today. I found that tree ferns are really spectacular in IR:

Lisa

viablex1

yes definitely on the ferns, thanks Rich, that GH1 helps turn out some nice ones very nice sky with that konica hexanon

Rich M

I promise I'll stop with the ropes.....but I was on the island of Lanai yesterday. Back in the days of pineapple operations, barges filled with over a thousand tons of pineapples would leave the island daily from Kamalapau Harbor. During peak summertime production, barges would leave every eight hours bound for the cannery in Honolulu.
Operations ceased in 1992, moved offshore where labor is cheaper. These ropes which would lash the barges and tenders to the dock now sit idle, bleaching in the sun, probably never to be used again. Some are coiled and bound neatly, others tossed as an afterthought.

Last one....Contax 45/2

R

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Rich, I'm enjoying the ropes. The detail is phenomenal. Thank you for taking the time to explain the background on the ropes.

Diane B

Looking at this thread after a good while away. I haven't done any IR since I sold my converted 10D awhile ago. Now--it makes me reconsider yet again whether to have my GF1 converted to IR. Some terrific shots here.

V

Vivek

A few shots from Amsterdam (hacked G1, 20/1.7, IR Polarizer, Hoya R72).

viablex1

I promise I'll stop with the ropes.....but I was on the island of Lanai yesterday. Back in the days of pineapple operations, barges filled with over a thousand tons of pineapples would leave the island daily from Kamalapau Harbor. During peak summertime production, barges would leave every eight hours bound for the cannery in Honolulu.
Operations ceased in 1992, moved offshore where labor is cheaper. These ropes which would lash the barges and tenders to the dock now sit idle, bleaching in the sun, probably never to be used again. Some are coiled and bound neatly, others tossed as an afterthought.

Last one....Contax 45/2

R
this is killahh!!!