The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about a more fun with IR thread?

scho

Pretty much straight OOC..... Contax 35-70

Very nice series with the Contax lenses Rich. This one is really special. How do you like the 35-70 on m43? I have also been processing most of my IR work from the G1 entirely in LR2.7 with minor tweaks to WB and saturation (usually desaturating blue). I like the warm reddish midtones and resulting split-tone when blue is pulled down.

Rich M

Very nice series with the Contax lenses Rich. This one is really special. How do you like the 35-70 on m43? I have also been processing most of my IR work from the G1 entirely in LR2.7 with minor tweaks to WB and saturation (usually desaturating blue). I like the warm reddish midtones and resulting split-tone when blue is pulled down.
Thanks Carl.

I like the 35-70. It is a beautiful lens. I am finding that is does a better job with color on the m43 (nicely saturated), than with the IR converted GH1. It seems slightly flatter and less contrasty. The killer lenses for IR so far for me are the Contax G 45/2 and 90/2.8. I do, however, like the size and versatility of the 35-70.

It is nice to hear that you are doing your RAW processing in LR2.7. It really helps the workflow. I am using C1 to convert, into LR for about every else....and then into CS4 for sharpening. I am not a sharpening adept and I can not live without Photokit Sharpener. For my IR, I finish with a few favorite LR split tone presets (not on this picture) and print.

R

scho

Three shots from the G1-IR and Contax G 28mm f/2.8 Biogon during a walk up to Ithaca Falls. Quite a few recent Cornell grads gathered there for a last look at this Ithaca landmark before leaving town.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Carl, I can see why the grads would come to take a final look. It is a beautiful place. The second image is my favorite. The people in the last two certainly add scale to the scene.

Matto, Your photo is beautiful as well. I really like the blurred water and your excellent composition.

scho

wow nice^^
raven cliff falls in south carolina, fun climbing down to here!!
Very nice, soft rendition with cool water color.
Carl, I can see why the grads would come to take a final look. It is a beautiful place. The second image is my favorite. The people in the last two certainly add scale to the scene.

Matto, Your photo is beautiful as well. I really like the blurred water and your excellent composition.
Thank you Cindy.

Rich M

Carl and Matt.....nice renditions of similar subjects.

Carl.....I like the way you framed the diagonal stair steps on the last pic plus the overall tonality of the image.

Matt....everything works in that image....very surreal.

R

scho

A walk along the shore of Cayuga Lake with G1-IR + Contax G 35mm f/2 Planar.

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thank you, Carl. The complex sky brought a big rain with it....which we needed.

Today the sky was amazing. This is shot with G1 IR and Pen-F 20 f/3.5

Last edited:

scho

Thank you, Carl. The complex sky brought a big rain with it....which we needed.

Today the sky was amazing. This is shot with G1 IR and Pen-F 20 f/3.5
Very nice IR shots with dramatic sky. Looks like part of the same system that came roaring through our area yesterday with a couple of twisters just north of here.