The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about a more fun with IR thread?

scho

Beautiful. I especially like the weeping willow.
Thanks Cindy. I would second your recommendation to Kiri to look into a Precison camera conversion. I'm very pleased with the conversion they did on my G1. I would also recommend Jack's action set for toning and false color work.

K

Kiri

@scho: Where might I find "Jack's action set"?
Since I don't live in the US, it might be difficult/expensive to get an IR conversion done :(
Plus I don't have a spare camera body, lol

Rich M

@scho: Where might I find "Jack's action set"?
Since I don't live in the US, it might be difficult/expensive to get an IR conversion done :(
Plus I don't have a spare camera body, lol
Kiri....send an IM to Jack Flesher here on this website. He will give you the details.

R

K

Kiri

Thanks Rich. I'll do that.

I also downloaded Capture One and gave it a try for setting the white balance...
Well it is definitely much easier and quicker to do it that way, and in many ways more 'accurate'.

Here is the C1 converted and WB set version:

And for reference, the previous file I did in PS/lightroom:

However, I did notice a couple of problems.
The image I converted and set WB with C1 has some strange purple kind of fringing, especially apparent on the left side of the tree and beside the building on the left.
This was much less apparent in the original file I did only using PS/camera raw.
Any idea why this might be?

Also C1 seems to have slightly cropped or 'corrected' the image (lens?) because the size is slightly different between the two.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Nice images folks!

I sell a package IR action set that includes a false color action, a warm and neutral B&W action, and then a couple of blended B&W/False-color actions. The set costs $15 via PayPal to [email protected], and the proceeds help support the site. I will be traveling for the next three weeks, so deliver may take a few days as I need a wifi location to send.

scho

Water Music. Went for an evening stroll along the waterfront and found several small groups of musicians playing along the trail. G1-IR with 20mm Lumix.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Carl, You certainly have a beautiful place to walk in the evening. I bet the music adds to the charm. Both photos are very nice.

scho

Carl, You certainly have a beautiful place to walk in the evening. I bet the music adds to the charm. Both photos are very nice.
Thanks Cindy. Yes, the waterfront trail is a very nice place for evening walks and now we have "Water Music" as well every Thursday evening.

P

Popey

Wow, there are some lovely images in this thread.
Here's one form me, taken at a National Trust property called Buscot Park.

Leica M8, 18mm SE and IR72 filter - processed in Lightroom 2.7.

Cheers

Mark

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Wow, there are some lovely images in this thread.
Here's one form me, taken at a National Trust property called Buscot Park.

Leica M8, 18mm SE and IR72 filter - processed in Lightroom 2.7.

Cheers

Mark
Mark, That is beautiful. The M8 does a really good job with IR.
Please keep them coming...and welcome to the forum.

P

Popey

Cindy,

thank you for your welcome. I have quite a few shots on my HDD, I'll dig a few more out sometime... Your latest oeuvre is rather nice - I like the toning.

Best wishes

Mark

P

Popey

Here are a few more taken in Cornwall.
Doyden Point

Port Quin from Doyden Point

Looking west from Doyden Point

All taken with a Leica M8 and 28mm Elmarit lens, IR72 filter.

C&C appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

scho

Here are a few more taken in Cornwall.
Doyden Point
All taken with a Leica M8 and 28mm Elmarit lens, IR72 filter.

C&C appreciated.

Cheers

Mark
Mark,
Nice IR work with the M8. I sometimes wish I had kept the M8, but with my bad vision I don't miss struggling with RF focusing.

P

Popey

Carl,
thank you. It's a shame you can't get on with the M8 - though I can appreciate the difficulty that some people have focusing a rangefinder as my wife falls into that category. She just makes extensive use of my DSLR lenses on her Canon 500D :)

Best wishes

Mark

P

Popey

Mark,
Nice IR work with the M8. I sometimes wish I had kept the M8, but with my bad vision I don't miss struggling with RF focusing.
This is a photo looking down onto the farm (lower left) that my husband grew up on.

Cindy,

another lovely image. What camera are you using and how are you processing the images?

Thanks again for your comments on the Cornwall pictures. I am in agreement with you - the middle pic is my favourite too.

Best wishes

Mark