The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about a more fun with IR thread?

mbroomfield

These were shot with an IR converted Lumix GF1 (720 conversion though). I have swapped channels on a few photos in the past, I'll post one later, both ways.... I think it can be effective.

In the mean time here are the ones that didn't show above;

Tijou screen
Kew gardens
Cemetery

A

aum235

I like the one at the Kew Gardens, very nice.

These few next were taken in China 18 months ago

scho

Using Pentax lenses on m43

I recently started using the Pentax K5 SLR, primarily with the small limited series primes. Discovered a nice little adapter from Fotodiox that is specifically for mounting Pentax K digital lenses (that have no manual aperture ring) to m43 cameras. I can now use the Pentax Limited primes on my IR converted Panasonic G1. The adapter has a rotating aperture control ring that works well for setting aperture, although you get no indication (other than visual or counting audible clicks) of the actual aperture value.

Fotodiox Adapter

Sample image taken with the G1 and Pentax 35mm f/2.8 macro limited.

scho

Just adding another G1-IR+Pentax macro 35mm f/2.8 Limited (Fotodiox adapter).

Anemic Batard

coulombic

boy that fiery furnace is really really nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your images have a cool, "HIE" feeling about them. Though, they're rather soft, in general. Was your camera converted? Are you using some sort of "Norton Effect?" Really like the first and last two.

Rich: Thanks!

Here are a few more:

Triumphant (infrared). by coulombic, on Flickr

Goblin Valley (infrared). by coulombic, on Flickr

Star. by coulombic, on Flickr

Ivy-stricken university (infrared). by coulombic, on Flickr

LDS Assembly Hall (infrared). by coulombic, on Flickr

Paria (infrared). by coulombic, on Flickr

viablex1

man really love that IVY stricken university!!!! love the way you process those, I have a converted D300, I need to do some more selective sharpening and brush it back in the leaves look good with a glow but the trees look better sharp IMO, love your stuff have any actions for sale?

some old canon files man was it foggy that day

CRW_0054_1 by gungyduo, on Flickr

CRW_0053_1 by gungyduo, on Flickr

K

kristoferjohn

Very nice photographs,which photography software you used?You cropping all photographs are very nice.I like your concept of photography.sharpness of photographs are amazing.I must say that you good photographer.

coulombic

man really love that IVY stricken university!!!! love the way you process those, I have a converted D300, I need to do some more selective sharpening and brush it back in the leaves look good with a glow but the trees look better sharp IMO, love your stuff have any actions for sale?
No, I don't have any actions. If you like, I can make a reasonable workflow, as far as my processing. If you have questions about specific images, feel free to PM me. Sorry about the slow response, by the way -- I've been traveling extensively for the last while, and just barely noticed your comment.

kdphotography

Panasonic GF1 converted for IR. Processed in C1 Pro 6. Recent wedding. This bridal image taken on the beach in Carmel.

Last edited: