Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Negative feedback!!!

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Negative feedback!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kdphotography View Post
    Do you mean the Buy and Sell is watched closely as an administrator or self-proclaimed gear slut?

jus' sayin.....

Once again you beat me to it!
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Leicadoc View Post
    And your point of disagreement is?
    My point of disagreement is only that there is no excuse for a seller to not notice scratches. Particularly serious ones. As I said, one can take a small maglite, shine it obliquely across the lens face and see scratches almost immediately.

Just for clarification

Woody

Post Thanks / Like

I have to leave negative feedback for "Jonathan W". He has taken mine and another members money for a non existent tripod and ball head. The FS post can be found here: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27904
    Everything seemd quite good right up until payment was sent then the excuses started and finally no communication at all. Here is his last message before disappearing: "I'm sorry I haven't had the chance to respond, I can't find the teaming number and I know that's a horrible excuse, I havent been avoiding you I just don't want to come up with nothing. But rest assured it in ups' hands and on it's way to you."
    This is the first negative transaction I have had on this board and it's ashame the scammers have finally found their way here but I suppose it was inevitable.

Ron

Post Thanks / Like

Truely sorry to hear about this. Do keep us posted. This board has been a wonderful place till now....

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jonathan W you have 24 hours to respond to member or you risk permanent banning. The clock is ticking 9:30 Eastern time Wednesday morning.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Jonathan W you have 24 hours to respond to member or you risk permanent banning. The clock is ticking 9:30 Eastern time Wednesday morning.

Still MIA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

glennsimons

Just a heads up .... This individual tried to sell me a Pentax 67 II Kit .
    I could see he had copied the description of said camera from an add over at Fred Miranda word for word of a 67 II kit being sold by another seller .
    Photos of the camera were sent to me , but specific questions about the camera and about the add over at Fred Miranda went unanswered . Final Red flag was a request for payment via Western Union .... after pushing for for specific information he vanished ...... So no, I did not get scammed but it had scam written all over this deal ...... IMHO

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ShiroKuro View Post
    glennsimons

Just a heads up .... This individual tried to sell me a Pentax 67 II Kit .
    I could see he had copied the description of said camera from an add over at Fred Miranda word for word of a 67 II kit being sold by another seller .
    Photos of the camera were sent to me , but specific questions about the camera and about the add over at Fred Miranda went unanswered . Final Red flag was a request for payment via Western Union .... after pushing for for specific information he vanished ...... So no, I did not get scammed but it had scam written all over this deal ...... IMHO
    User (the seller) has now been banned.

Post Thanks / Like

glennsimons

"Just a heads up .... This individual tried to sell me a Pentax 67 II Kit .
    Photos of the camera were sent to me , but specific questions about the camera and about the add over at Fred Miranda went unanswered . Final Red flag was a request for payment via Western Union .... after pushing for for specific information he vanished ...... So no, I did not get scammed but it had scam written all over this deal ...... IMHO "

I got an email from the same person saying they had a Canon mt-24ex flash that I am looking for. It went right to my spam folder and I never replied based on the mismatched email addresses as well as the very poorly written email he sent. It was too obvious a scam.

Post Thanks / Like

guys - quick heads up.

nick on this forum is ColdCypher. Claims real name is Scott Gunderson. Email address [email protected]

Paypal account is verified, listed as Lydia Stanley.

Seller contacted me in response to my post for a Hasselblad CFV, offering a CFV-39 (back, protective case, , battery, charger, 12V car charger, cables, focusing screen, Phocus software) for $5700. Reason for selling due to an upgrade to a H4D.

I made payment via Paypal on Saturday, and after payment, I got this PM from him

I will be shipping it out Monday. Local Fedex office is closed on Sundays as is USPS. Shipping to UAE according to quote takes 8-12 days. Name is Scott Gunderson, email is [email protected]. I prefer to communicate via email thanks. I check every few hours so it will not be a problem.

So Monday comes around, morning comes and goes, and I don't hear from him. I drop him 2 emails trying to find out if the back was shipped, and got the following reply:

"Hello. Third time youve sent me an email today. I understand your anxiety, but it isnt going to help me get your item shipped any faster. Ill get off of work in 2 hours and then I will ship your item. Thanks."

So Monday comes and goes. No updates so far. Gmail indicates that he's on West Coast time (11.15 am at time of this writing), so I'm hoping to hear from him soon.

I'm getting very concerned because shipment was made when it was supposed to (Monday), and missed one promised shipment with no updates since.

Signed up 2 Aug 2011, one post, offering to sell a Hasselblad 903SWC

Does anyone have info about Scott? Or should I inform Paypal to stop the payment?

Update: 17 Aug 2011 - Still no response from ColdCypher. Have escalated to Paypal for resolution and claim. I am almost certain this one is a scammer.
    Last edited by ghoonk; 16th August 2011 at 20:35.
    My images on 500px : http://500px.com/ghoonk
    H4D-40 | Xpan | Leica M9P | Leica M Monochrom | X100 | Hasselblad 500CM | 501CM | 503CXi

Jeff_Gao

Quote Originally Posted by ghoonk View Post
    guys - quick heads up.

nick on this forum is ColdCypher. Claims real name is Scott Gunderson. Email address [email protected]

Paypal account is verified, listed as Lydia Stanley.

Seller contacted me in response to my post for a Hasselblad CFV, offering a CFV-39 (back, protective case, , battery, charger, 12V car charger, cables, focusing screen, Phocus software) for $5700. Reason for selling due to an upgrade to a H4D.

I made payment via Paypal on Saturday, and after payment, I got this PM from him

I will be shipping it out Monday. Local Fedex office is closed on Sundays as is USPS. Shipping to UAE according to quote takes 8-12 days. Name is Scott Gunderson, email is [email protected]. I prefer to communicate via email thanks. I check every few hours so it will not be a problem.

So Monday comes around, morning comes and goes, and I don't hear from him. I drop him 2 emails trying to find out if the back was shipped, and got the following reply:

"Hello. Third time youve sent me an email today. I understand your anxiety, but it isnt going to help me get your item shipped any faster. Ill get off of work in 2 hours and then I will ship your item. Thanks."

So Monday comes and goes. No updates so far. Gmail indicates that he's on West Coast time (11.15 am at time of this writing), so I'm hoping to hear from him soon.

I'm getting very concerned because shipment was made when it was supposed to (Monday), and missed one promised shipment with no updates since.

Signed up 2 Aug 2011, one post, offering to sell a Hasselblad 903SWC

Does anyone have info about Scott? Or should I inform Paypal to stop the payment?

Update: 17 Aug 2011 - Still no response from ColdCypher. Have escalated to Paypal for resolution and claim. I am almost certain this one is a scammer.

Yeah, he is a scammer. Fraud alert!

He offered me the 903SWC. He actually sent me some pictures of the camera.

Payment was made on Aug. 2nd. He said he needed extra time for Paypal payment clearance. I was ok with that. Then on Aug. 5th, he said he sent out the camera without any shipping info.

After I pressed for tracking, he simply disappeared. I already filed a dispute with Paypal. Looks like Paypal was his target for scamming. Since we will be protected by credit card.

TO save others from this mess. His ID needs to be publicized.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about that, Jeff. I've already filed a claim with Paypal, suggest you do the same.
    H4D-40 | Xpan | Leica M9P | Leica M Monochrom | X100 | Hasselblad 500CM | 501CM | 503CXi

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Folks, I have banned ColdCypher. We do our best to prevent these guys from even entering. PLEASE be careful when dealing with ANY new user that has less than 10 or even 50 posts. It is incumbent upon you to be smart and protect yourself. You do this by asking a lot of questions and asking for photos -- this is a photo forum, so folks should have the technology available to get you clean accurate images, including one or two with say the morning paper shown with the item? Most bad guys disappear the second you start digging. Google their address and confirm it is a real address. Use Paypal for it's buyer protection, and give the seller just 24 hours to respond with tracking info before you report it. And remember the most important thing: if a deal seems even a little too good to be true, it most likely is -- the best cons are set up that way so that "the mark" can be more easily convinced of it's veracity, but is enticed to act quickly so nobody else snags the "great deal" out from under them.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

For whatever sum of money the buyer deems "large," you can always, at least in the US, purchase a background check from the various sellers on the web. Be aware, however, that very sophisticated scammers may well already have purchased a subscription to a service which blocks any Google/Bing/Yahoo search from revealing any information about the individual. e.g., www.reputation.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips, guys. Waiting to see how long it takes Paypal to run the refund now

Post Thanks / Like

I like to report my recent experiences dealing fellow member Mr. Ian Watts.

2 days ago, Mr. Watts placed an ads entitled: Feeler: Leica F2 Summicron Black Paint (from MP Classic set), In the ads he stated that he was going to get a BP classic MP set but only interested in the camera. He want to sell the lens for US$3300.00 plus shipping and insurance if anyone interested in it. I immediately PM him of my interest to buyi the lens. He acknowledged my PM and told me he will inform me later if he decides the buy the set.

Yesterday (8/22/11) I received a PM from MR. Watts. This is how he wrote. Quote: Just to keep you in the picture re: BP 50 Summicron, I have learned that the condition of the body & lens is even better than I thought - being 100% unused/as new. I have decided to buy the set and will pick it up this morning. However, somebody outside of this forum has already offered to buy it for GBP 2500. It is not my intention to 'auction' it to the highest bidder but, having already expressed an interest, I thought I should at least let you have first refusal on the lens. I will understand if you feel that the price is now more than you would like to pay. Best regards, Ian. Unquote.

Mr. Watts not only did not honor his initial advertised price for the lens but jacked up the price to GBP 2500.00. He also edited his ads the same day to cover his price hiking. Interesting that he mentioned that someone already offered to buy his lens for GBP 2500.00. In reality, he placed another ads in Leica User Forum and sold the lens for GBP 2500.00 (See the following link: http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-...E_PENDING.html)

Mr. Watts’ credibility is seriously questionable and I think a negative feedback is in order.

To Moderator: Does this type of ads has a place in “Gear FS or WTB”? Mr. Watts clearly did not have possession of the lens for sell at the time of posting. He meanly solicited commitment for buying the lens so he can go ahead buying the set without wearing about finding a buyer for the lens and then jacked out the price after the exploitation.

Thank you.

S.Kueh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKueh View Post
    Mr. Watts’ credibility is seriously questionable and I think a negative feedback is in order.
    I guess that is for others to judge but I would like to make a few points.

First, my original feeler ad made it quite clear that I had not yet bought the item in question and that I was soliciting expressions of interest and not a commitment to buy.
    Second, at no stage in my limited correspondence with Mr Kueh did I accept (or indicate an acceptance of) his offer to buy the lens.
    Third, after I had a chance to talk to the dealer on Monday morning I revised my opinion about the value of the lens and I decided to sell it elsewhere at a higher price. I PMed Mr Kueh out of politeness giving him first refusal but without any expectation that he would want to buy at the higher price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Just to ad a train of thought here. A buyer has many reasons to buy a item from a seller, a seller has the same rights to sell to a certain buyer.

There are many reasons going in both directions on this. I could state a whole bunch of reasons in either direction. I'm not going too bore people with stating those reasons. GetDPI makes no judgements here and are not involved in these sales. These are between buyer and seller. Sometimes things just don't work out.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Jeff_Gao

I believe I might be the first one to PM wattsy regarding the 35mm cron lens. We discussed the price and shipping. But that was it.

I would NOT consider it was a final deal unless wattsy would have contacted me again and asked for payment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKueh View Post
    I like to report my recent experiences dealing fellow member Mr. Ian Watts.

2 days ago, Mr. Watts placed an ads entitled: Feeler: Leica F2 Summicron Black Paint (from MP Classic set), In the ads he stated that he was going to get a BP classic MP set but only interested in the camera. He want to sell the lens for US$3300.00 plus shipping and insurance if anyone interested in it. I immediately PM him of my interest to buyi the lens. He acknowledged my PM and told me he will inform me later if he decides the buy the set.

Yesterday (8/22/11) I received a PM from MR. Watts. This is how he wrote. Quote: Just to keep you in the picture re: BP 50 Summicron, I have learned that the condition of the body & lens is even better than I thought - being 100% unused/as new. I have decided to buy the set and will pick it up this morning. However, somebody outside of this forum has already offered to buy it for GBP 2500. It is not my intention to 'auction' it to the highest bidder but, having already expressed an interest, I thought I should at least let you have first refusal on the lens. I will understand if you feel that the price is now more than you would like to pay. Best regards, Ian. Unquote.

Mr. Watts not only did not honor his initial advertised price for the lens but jacked up the price to GBP 2500.00. He also edited his ads the same day to cover his price hiking. Interesting that he mentioned that someone already offered to buy his lens for GBP 2500.00. In reality, he placed another ads in Leica User Forum and sold the lens for GBP 2500.00 (See the following link: http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-...E_PENDING.html)

To Moderator: Does this type of ads has a place in “Gear FS or WTB”? Mr. Watts clearly did not have possession of the lens for sell at the time of posting. He meanly solicited commitment for buying the lens so he can go ahead buying the set without wearing about finding a buyer for the lens and then jacked out the price after the exploitation.

Thank you.

S.Kueh
    It looks like there was never a formal acknowledgement from either sides that the seller has deemed you as the buyer of the lens. In fact, you were already aware that the seller did not actually have the lens in hand at the time of the posting, hence feeler. Why are you complaining whether this type of ad is allowed now that you won't get the lens? I wouldn't call it exploitation because the seller clearly explained his situation beforehand.

Just my $0.02.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

With hindsight doing the feeler ad wasn't one of my best ideas and Mr Kueh may have a point that perhaps they shouldn't be encouraged in the buy and sell subforum. There is something a bit vague about doing a feeler and it is difficult not to be a bit cagey not actually having the for-sale item in hand and essentially dipping a toe in the water regarding pricing. It is much easier to sell something when you know the exact condition and can specify the exact price you want for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Potential Scammer

User: isf417
    http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/member.php?u=12162
    Claimed name: Brandon Henry
    Email: [email protected]

I posted a WTB post a week or two ago looking for a Canon 1Dmk2. He replied to me stating he was a casual browser on these forums and had a 1Dmk2 to sell because he had a 1Dmk3. He sent me a few pictures and thought the deal was good. Now its almost 2 weeks later, and almost a week since his last reply to myself. He sent some pictures and even looking at the exif data I thought I was okay, but guess not.

EXIF Data:
    Author: Photographer: Jack Michaud;
    Copyright: Copyright: Jack Michaud Photography, jmphotocraft.com

Date and time stamps from exif info correspond to the 14th of August, and it even lists a 5Dmk2, 28mm focal length, f4, 1/60 sec exposure etc under exif. I felt it was legit, english was spot on too with no unusual mannerisms.

I have filed a dispute with Paypal and Ill cross my fingers that I can get some money back, but I assume I am $600 down the drain. If anyone knows a Jack Michaud or a Brandon Henry that would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWestDork View Post
    Potential Scammer

I posted a WTB post a week or two ago looking for a Canon 1Dmk2. He replied to me stating he was a casual browser on these forums and had a 1Dmk2 to sell because he had a 1Dmk3. He sent me a few pictures and thought the deal was good. Now its almost 2 weeks later, and almost a week since his last reply to myself. He sent some pictures and even looking at the exif data I thought I was okay, but guess not.

EXIF Data:

Date and time stamps from exif info correspond to the 14th of August, and it even lists a 5Dmk2, 28mm focal length, f4, 1/60 sec exposure etc under exif. I felt it was legit, english was spot on too with no unusual mannerisms.

I have filed a dispute with Paypal and Ill cross my fingers that I can get some money back, but I assume I am $600 down the drain. If anyone knows a Jack Michaud or a Brandon Henry that would be greatly appreciated.
    Tried this ?

http://who.godaddy.com/whois.aspx?do...rog_id=GoDaddy

Post Thanks / Like

I contacted Jack Michaud and he informed me the pictures used were from
    an eBay auction he had a while back. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope paypal can get me my money back.

Post Thanks / Like

Mod, if the pictures are from someone else is it a confirmed scam then?

Hopefully you used paypal purchase.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sounds very likely for sure. Thanks for the heads up

Post Thanks / Like

I did go through as a paypal purchase for "goods". But im not 100% sure if they leaves me any guarantees on money back. I am reading through the guidelines for Paypal Buyer Protection and so far I fit all the guidelines for coverage. Ive had my paypal account for almost 10 years now, so hopefully this process is better than when they first started up.

Last time I had to dispute a transaction some 8 years ago I was left high and dry with no recourse...

Quote Originally Posted by aleksanderpolo View Post
    Mod, if the pictures are from someone else is it a confirmed scam then?

Hopefully you used paypal purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWestDork View Post
    Potential Scammer

EXIF Data:

The modus operandi appears to be consistent with ColdCypher, aka 'Scott Gunderson'.

Post Thanks / Like

Beware of user "enenrf"

User: enenrf
    Name: Hao Li

I sold my Leica M8/M9 grip and black Leica UV 46mm filter to "enenrf".
    For sale thread is here: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?p=350630 He payed on Friday afternoon Melbourne, Australia time. The earliest I could send the items was following Monday morning with Regular postage as he payed $15USD for postage which barely covered the postage fee of $21AUD, which is not a big issue at all.

Once I told him the parcel was sent he asked for tracking number. I explained to him that $15 barely covered for Regular postage and that tracking is only included with more expensive postage. From that point on he started behaving really rude and threatened me that if he doesn't receive the parcel within 10 days he will open a Paypal dispute and will take his money back.
    In less than a week from me sending the parcel this person opened a Paypal dispute and took his money back.

I feel cheated and dissapointed. It's really a nasty thing to do and I would advise other forum members to be aware.

Cheers,

Voe

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beware of user "enenrf"

Man, that sucks:///

Quote Originally Posted by voe View Post

For sale thread is here: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?p=350630 He payed on Friday afternoon Melbourne, Australia time. The earliest I could send the items was following Monday morning with Regular postage as he payed $15USD for postage which barely covered the postage fee of $21AUD, which is not a big issue at all.

Once I told him the parcel was sent he asked for tracking number. I explained to him that $15 barely covered for Regular postage and that tracking is only included with more expensive postage. From that point on he started behaving really rude and threatened me that if he doesn't receive the parcel within 10 days he will open a Paypal dispute and will take his money back.
    In less than a week from me sending the parcel this person opened a Paypal dispute and took his money back.

I feel cheated and dissapointed. It's really a nasty thing to do and I would advise other forum members to be aware.

Cheers,

Voe

Post Thanks / Like

It sucks, but its really your fault for not sending the item with tracking, so you could attach it to the paypal transaction. If it shows it was delivered, he loses. In this case, you lose. Not justifying what this guy did, but you did not protect yourself, and made it easy for him to defraud you.

Post Thanks / Like

Please do not buy from this guy.

His ID is Karlo.

I payed money to buy a lens from a member in Europe, and I think I may have been robbed of my money...

Here are the links to my PMs with him.

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/private.php

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/privat...pm&pmid=242316

I tried to give him enough time (3 months!) to solve the case, but now I feel like a fool.

Please do not buy from this guy...

Moderator update: We have been notified that this issue has been settled to the satisfaction of both the buyer and the seller. Appears to have been delivery problems in the country that lens was being shipped to.
    Last edited by Terry; 15th February 2012 at 10:29.

Post Thanks / Like

Voe

How do you know it wasn t lost in the mail? Has the buyer refused to confirm he did not receive it? I ve had 2 transactions just like this where the package never arrived. I am sure the seller sent it as he had hundreds of sales and 100 perc positive feedback.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ecsh View Post
    It sucks, but its really your fault for not sending the item with tracking, so you could attach it to the paypal transaction. If it shows it was delivered, he loses. In this case, you lose. Not justifying what this guy did, but you did not protect yourself, and made it easy for him to defraud you.
    One of the difficulties when shipping a small item overseas, like a filter, is that either one uses regular small parcel air mail (with item in a small padded envelope or box) which doesn't allow for any sort of tracking to be put on the parcel but shipping fees are reasonable for such small items OR a much more expensive service that does provide tracking but ends up costing as much or more than the item is worth. It's sort of a dilema when shipping small, relatively low priced items overseas. Most buyers opt for just regular small parcel airmail for obvious reasons but unfortunately proof of delivery is then not possible. This can make it somewhat difficult at times for buyer and seller and then trust then plays a bigger role in such cases.

Since this is all related to Voe's post above...I ordered a filter from him from the same ad (shipped from Australia to the U.S.) and it arrived promptly and was perfectly packed and as described! Thanks Voe!

Dave (D&A)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glenerrolrd View Post
    Voe

How do you know it wasn t lost in the mail? Has the buyer refused to confirm he did not receive it? I ve had 2 transactions just like this where the package never arrived. I am sure the seller sent it as he had hundreds of sales and 100 perc positive feedback.
    I sent it on Monday with regular postage. I'm in Melbourne, Australia, the buyer is in Texas, USA. For the parcel to arrive it should take minimum 10 business days it usually takes about 2-3 weeks. Buyer opens a dispute less than a week from me sending the parcel.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

i have sent several hundreds of small items overseas and agree with Voe's assessment. Out of the many, I would say perhaps four or five never made it. My shipments were via USPS, Flat Rate Priority Mail and cost around $20, the item cost about $150. In my case, i could send a replacement, but it is a pain in the *** to have to assume the liability. The shipper unfortunately is the one taking the risk of postal and customs workers' "mistakes" or downright theft.

enenrf

User ID: Voe

Be ware of Voe

I bought a UV filter and a leica grip from him.

Three days after I paid for the item, he did not sent the grip and filter. Finally when I asked, he said he shipped. then I asking for tracking or "at least tell me the estimate delivery date. He was very rude. Told me that I only paid $15, he topped on dollars for shipping.

I replied that, so I did not deserve a tracking? and then he said reply my message is wasting time.

Yes, then I opened a case. but the item finally came, I cancel the case.
    The seller left me the negative without any heads up.
    Before I open case, informed him. and after I got the item, I also send me a message that I got it. Case closed.

Post Thanks / Like

I too had a positive transaction with Voe on a 35mm Lux Asph.

Quote Originally Posted by D&A View Post
    One of the difficulties when shipping a small item overseas, like a filter, is that either one uses regular small parcel air mail (with item in a small padded envelope or box) which doesn't allow for any sort of tracking to be put on the parcel but shipping fees are reasonable for such small items OR a much more expensive service that does provide tracking but ends up costing as much or more than the item is worth. It's sort of a dilema when shipping small, relatively low priced items overseas. Most buyers opt for just regular small parcel airmail for obvious reasons but unfortunately proof of delivery is then not possible. This can make it somewhat difficult at times for buyer and seller and then trust then plays a bigger role in such cases.

Since this is all related to Voe's post above...I ordered a filter from him from the same ad (shipped from Australia to the U.S.) and it arrived promptly and was perfectly packed and as described! Thanks Voe!

Dave (D&A)

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry but when selling I would rather beware from buyers like you.

Quote Originally Posted by enenrf View Post

Be ware of Voe

Three days after I paid for the item, he did not sent the grip and filter. Finally when I asked, he said he shipped. then I asking for tracking or "at least tell me the estimate delivery date. He was very rude. Told me that I only paid $15, he topped on dollars for shipping.

I replied that, so I did not deserve a tracking? and then he said reply my message is wasting time.

Before I open case, informed him. and after I got the item, I also send me a message that I got it. Case closed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by voe View Post

Cheers,

Voe
    +1 to vobluda's comment.

Be ware of Voe

Over anxious buyer

enenrf

Thanks for all comments above.
    There are couple of things I need to clarify;
    1. I paid on Thursday night instead of Friday.
    2. After I paid for the items, the seller did not contracted with me actively.
    When I first asked him when he was going to ship. He responded, not yet.
    The second time I asked, what's the tracking or my estimated date. He responded" you paid $15, I had to top on it.

Maybe I was little bit anxious, but he attitude made me consider him could not be trusted. That's why I opened the case.

3. He explained me that parcel, AFTER I opened the case.

I had over 100 100% positive transaction on Ebay and many on Rff. That's was my first time actually opened a case.
    I have not been that "anxious" when bought my noctilux and 50 lux asph from forum member.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all comments above.
    There are couple of things I need to clarify;
    1. I paid on Thursday night instead of Friday.
    2. After I paid for the items, the seller did not contracted with me actively.
    When I first asked him when he was going to ship. He responded, not yet.
    The second time I asked, what's the tracking or my estimated date. He responded" you paid $15, I had to top on it.

Maybe I was little bit anxious, but he attitude made me consider him could not be trusted. That's why I opened the case.

3. He explained me that parcel, AFTER I opened the case.

I had over 100 100% positive transaction on Ebay and many on Rff. That's was my first time actually opened a case.
    I have not been that "anxious" when bought my noctilux and 50 lux asph from forum member.
    Thursday night in Texas means Friday afternoon in Australia.

Maybe the seller could have explained the situation better, but your response also sounded like a very anxious buyer.
    Scott

enenrf

Quote Originally Posted by SYGTAFOTO View Post
    Thursday night in Texas means Friday afternoon in Australia.

Maybe the seller could have explained the situation better, but your response also sounded like a very anxious buyer.
    Yes, I am a very anxious buyer.

That's all my fault. I am sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I am a very anxious buyer.

That's all my fault. I am sorry.
    Well, despite the misunderstandings you are obviously both honest forum members, so cheers to that and the completed transaction.

When I list items for sale, I always make it explicitly clear what the overseas shipping options are and if tracking is included (or how much extra Priority w/ tracking will cost.) I think if both sides agree to a transaction but don't clear shipping method up, both are inviting unfortunate misunderstandings even if both members are 100% honest.

ColorLiveFocus

I also asking to buy this lens before.
    I think seller do not know the lens condition before he pose the thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

POTENTIAL SCAMMER
    USER NAME: GEAR
    email: [email protected]

So I placed a wtb ad here a few days ago and this chap pmed me saying he wants me to communicate with him via above email and that he is from Spain and has a Nokton to sell.
    luckily for me i was looking at Noktons on ebay and noticed that he had lifted the pictures and exact text from a seller from australia! I almost bought this nokton from him until i looked on ebay and saw the potential scam!

Haven't replied to his email since...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
    POTENTIAL SCAMMER
    USER NAME: GEAR
    email: [email protected]

So I placed a wtb ad here a few days ago and this chap pmed me saying he wants me to communicate with him via above email and that he is from Spain and has a Nokton to sell.
    luckily for me i was looking at Noktons on ebay and noticed that he had lifted the pictures and exact text from a seller from australia! I almost bought this nokton from him until i looked on ebay and saw the potential scam!

Haven't replied to his email since...
    Have a look here:
    http://wwwforum.getdpi.com/forum/sho...d.php?p=378734

Best Regards!

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Be Ware of "APLA".

I believe he just changed his username to “APLA”. He joined GetDPI in October 2011 but seemed to know the forum very well.
    I've bought Cambo DS to use with my P1 IQ, he sent me a "V" rather than "M" mount. Before I sent the payment, he was very nice. After I found out it was a wrong item, I’ve tried to contact him many times both by email and phone but he barely responded. It's been 2 months. I am too busy to keep contacting him and I've already cut loss for this one.
    I've just want friends at GetDPI to know about this individual and be ware of him. GetDPI community is too good to have someone like this individual. People I’ve dealt with at GetDPI are excellent and very helpful.
    He told me he was a Ph.D. I believe he trained in Philadelphia. When I told him I would pay by paypal and was happy to pay a 3% fee, he said he did not have an account and did not support paypal. I was fooled by his smoothness and saint-like talk.
    This is his name and address.

Son Pham

Best regards,
    Pramote
    Last edited by Landscapelover; 30th January 2012 at 00:36. Reason: error

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

He is a very respected member of the forum. He also has several accounts and a personal friend. I'm sure this got away from him or something and yes he is very busy plus he has something personal going on right now that it taking him away from the forum. Those details I will not elaborate on but I will try and contact him myself. I have deleted his address as that is private. Let me add he has bought and sold many high dollar items with never a issue. I just know he is really away for awhile. I'll do my best to get a hold of him.

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Guy.
    That's what's how I felt about him when I first talked with him by phone. That's why I trusted him. I always paid by paypal unless I was absolutely sure.
    Guy, you have to understand it's been too long. His response to this issue has been unacceptably long overdued and, the worse part, made me loss faith in people.
    I believe I've been much more patient than a lot of people regarding this issue. Son couldn't wait and did email me 4 days after I mailed him the check just to tell me he did not receive it. I've been waiting for him to solve this issue for 2 months!
    I hope so that this issue will be taken care of. Although I am relatively new to this forum, I have had a perfect reference with my professional, past purchases here, capture integration and at ebay.
    One question to ask you is that why he has listed as a new member and joined the forum in October 2011 if he is a respected member. Do people in this forum have several accounts and why do they do that?

Thanks again,
    Pramote