The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Negative feedback!!!

woodyspedden

Ivo:
You need to take the the lens back. Your buyer didn't know about the scratches, either.
It is not his fault; maybe it is not yours either. But the result is that you sold him a lens he can not be satisfied with. He should not take a loss. He should not, as you suggest, sell this lens to someone else. That would be dishonest, and we are all sure you don't want that.
I am sorry that you would "take the hit", but he fact is that if you want to sell here again, you will have to do the right thing and take the lens back. I almost contacted you about buying this lens as well. I didn't because you are in Portugal. Others won't even bother to look at your ads in the future, if you don't fix this.
I am sorry this costs you additionally. But YOU have to be honorable, and fix this with your buyer. This is not complicated.
I do not quite agree with this post (although I am sympathetic to the conclusions). I buy and sell many many lenses and one test I always perform is to shine a high intensity light on them to discover these types of scratches. It takes less than a minute so there is no excuse for not doing it. This is even more important when describing a lens as mint. In that case there should be no scratches, dust, fungi etc. JMHO

Woody

Leicadoc

I do not quite agree with this post (although I am sympathetic to the conclusions). I buy and sell many many lenses and one test I always perform is to shine a high intensity light on them to discover these types of scratches. It takes less than a minute so there is no excuse for not doing it. This is even more important when describing a lens as mint. In that case there should be no scratches, dust, fungi etc. JMHO

Woody
And your point of disagreement is?

Hacker

Very misleading description of the item. I trust the price is now adjusted to the true value of the lens based on the condition and the amount refunded accordingly.

RF_Licks

Not to aggravate matters, I've bought and sold here and the description "mint" here can really mean "mint" or "junk". Its really subjective on this board.

To me, if its mint, it should not have scratches. But for a seller to post some pics and "miss" the scratches, hmm..

But I also think its wise for buyers to ask lots of questions and never make any assumptions, especially if its a cross country sale that involves customs, taxes, etc. I think the best way for the seller to redeem himself in this situation is to accept a return and take this as a lesson learnt.

Joe

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Joe it is subjective on any forum. One mans mint is another mans garage sale item. Ask for images when in doubt. That way it is very CLEAR on what you are buying or you just have faith in the person. Personally no one has ever asked me and no one has ever complained either. So if it is someone you don't know than ask for some pictures . Like any other buy and sell place it will always be buyer beware and get clarification of what you are buying.

BTW this is maybe the only forum that the Buy and Sell is watched extremely carefully.

RGoldman

I'm suprised there's not a hold on new postings until the mods have a chance to purchase, ummmm, I mean check the item out. :D

woodyspedden

And your point of disagreement is?
My point of disagreement is only that there is no excuse for a seller to not notice scratches. Particularly serious ones. As I said, one can take a small maglite, shine it obliquely across the lens face and see scratches almost immediately.

Just for clarification

Woody

RGoldman

I have to leave negative feedback for "Jonathan W". He has taken mine and another members money for a non existent tripod and ball head. The FS post can be found here: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27904
Everything seemd quite good right up until payment was sent then the excuses started and finally no communication at all. Here is his last message before disappearing: "I'm sorry I haven't had the chance to respond, I can't find the teaming number and I know that's a horrible excuse, I havent been avoiding you I just don't want to come up with nothing. But rest assured it in ups' hands and on it's way to you."
This is the first negative transaction I have had on this board and it's ashame the scammers have finally found their way here but I suppose it was inevitable.

Ron

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Jonathan W you have 24 hours to respond to member or you risk permanent banning. The clock is ticking 9:30 Eastern time Wednesday morning.

ShiroKuro

glennsimons

Just a heads up .... This individual tried to sell me a Pentax 67 II Kit .
I could see he had copied the description of said camera from an add over at Fred Miranda word for word of a 67 II kit being sold by another seller .
Photos of the camera were sent to me , but specific questions about the camera and about the add over at Fred Miranda went unanswered . Final Red flag was a request for payment via Western Union .... after pushing for for specific information he vanished ...... So no, I did not get scammed but it had scam written all over this deal ...... IMHO

Terry

glennsimons

Just a heads up .... This individual tried to sell me a Pentax 67 II Kit .
I could see he had copied the description of said camera from an add over at Fred Miranda word for word of a 67 II kit being sold by another seller .
Photos of the camera were sent to me , but specific questions about the camera and about the add over at Fred Miranda went unanswered . Final Red flag was a request for payment via Western Union .... after pushing for for specific information he vanished ...... So no, I did not get scammed but it had scam written all over this deal ...... IMHO
User (the seller) has now been banned.

RGoldman

glennsimons

"Just a heads up .... This individual tried to sell me a Pentax 67 II Kit .
Photos of the camera were sent to me , but specific questions about the camera and about the add over at Fred Miranda went unanswered . Final Red flag was a request for payment via Western Union .... after pushing for for specific information he vanished ...... So no, I did not get scammed but it had scam written all over this deal ...... IMHO "

I got an email from the same person saying they had a Canon mt-24ex flash that I am looking for. It went right to my spam folder and I never replied based on the mismatched email addresses as well as the very poorly written email he sent. It was too obvious a scam.

ghoonk

guys - quick heads up.

nick on this forum is ColdCypher. Claims real name is Scott Gunderson. Email address [email protected]

Paypal account is verified, listed as Lydia Stanley.

Seller contacted me in response to my post for a Hasselblad CFV, offering a CFV-39 (back, protective case, , battery, charger, 12V car charger, cables, focusing screen, Phocus software) for $5700. Reason for selling due to an upgrade to a H4D.

I made payment via Paypal on Saturday, and after payment, I got this PM from him

I will be shipping it out Monday. Local Fedex office is closed on Sundays as is USPS. Shipping to UAE according to quote takes 8-12 days. Name is Scott Gunderson, email is [email protected]. I prefer to communicate via email thanks. I check every few hours so it will not be a problem.

So Monday comes around, morning comes and goes, and I don't hear from him. I drop him 2 emails trying to find out if the back was shipped, and got the following reply:

"Hello. Third time youve sent me an email today. I understand your anxiety, but it isnt going to help me get your item shipped any faster. Ill get off of work in 2 hours and then I will ship your item. Thanks."

So Monday comes and goes. No updates so far. Gmail indicates that he's on West Coast time (11.15 am at time of this writing), so I'm hoping to hear from him soon.

I'm getting very concerned because shipment was made when it was supposed to (Monday), and missed one promised shipment with no updates since.

Signed up 2 Aug 2011, one post, offering to sell a Hasselblad 903SWC

Does anyone have info about Scott? Or should I inform Paypal to stop the payment?

Update: 17 Aug 2011 - Still no response from ColdCypher. Have escalated to Paypal for resolution and claim. I am almost certain this one is a scammer.

Last edited: